More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

Last post in here until someone signs.  If I check in every day, it will drive me insane.   Good luck all!

See you tomorrow then 

Lodi would be a shrewd signing if we sign Targett as well. As you all know I don't bash the Brazilians (for most part at least :lol: ), but I'd be very scared if we went into next season with Lodi as the left back and Lewis/Ritchie/Burn as the backup. Dare I say, the way the team is constructed today I'd rather sign Targett than Lodi. Lodi has all the potential in the world, but he's more of a wingback and the best game I've seen from him has been from left side of the midfield four that Atletico Madrid plays. However, if Howe sees him as the left back against defensive sides and midfielder against the better teams I would be all for it. Gives us versatility and depth at that position. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

I’d prefer Targett to Lodi tbh. Not convinced that Lodi could do a decent enough job defensively in a back 4.

Honestly it’s a bold/ possibly foolish move not going for Targett at the prices being mentioned imo.

Someone may know better but didn't Athleti switch to a back five so that they could play Tripper and Lodi as wing backs and get them up the pitch?

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

Someone may know better but didn't Athleti switch to a back five so that they could play Tripper and Lodi as wing backs and get them up the pitch?

I was wondering if we might do that with Targett as a LCB. But not sure what the overall setup would look like. 

Lots of fullbacks have converted to wide CBs in the last few years. 

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Ignore all the bluster and opinions from everyone and just sit back, relax and trust in anything Howe does. He knows what’s best for his own lineups, not Billy fuck knuckle on Twitter. Enjoy the ride my friend!

I agree with that,no good speculating ,I'm sure everything is in hand and how well we have recovered from the situation we were in, will certainly help in our new bodies arriving

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was wondering if we might do that with Targett as a LCB. But not sure what the overall setup would look like. 

Lots of fullbacks have converted to wide CBs in the last few years. 

Possibly but that is BDB's top position

1 minute ago, wyn davies said:

I agree with that,no good speculating ,I'm sure everything is in hand and how well we have recovered from the situation we were in, will certainly help in our new bodies arriving

Except that speculating is the whole point of this thread :pow:

I’m reliably informed Henderson has agreed terms with us, just a fee/ loan terms to agree. As I said yesterday I’d rather have Pope (though I accept he’s not as good with his feet). 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I’m reliably informed Henderson has agreed terms with us, just a fee/ loan terms to agree. As I said yesterday I’d rather have Pope (though I accept he’s not as good with his feet). 

On loan (with option to buy) I am happier with. We need to spend elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Henderson is only 25 and is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet. He's the much better signing IMO. I like the move.

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Can you give us any idea of the source?

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Stuck in a Simeone team tbf, and so he's a bit of a waste in that system. 

You're being too generous to Simeone, his game isn't cut for Simeone playstile.

Lodi lost a lot of credit with Tite due to the vaccine issue and the Copa America error, but he was benching Alex Sandro and being the most atacking player on the left flank for Brazil when neymar was injured. As I've said, for me, he's one of the best atacking LB's in the world, good skill on the ball, pace and some pinpoint crosses.

He was starting for my club when he was only 19 and became the best LB on the brazilian league as a 20year old.