More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

We could see if Krul fancied sitting on the bench for us if we wanted another trained at club in the squad. 

I'd be far too worried about him having to play given how he's looked for the last 5 months.

I suppose money and trophies talk, but as a young English player I'd be extremely apprehensive about joining City.

Admittedly I dont watch City every week, but would he be guaranteed first team football every week??

Are Foden, Grealish, etc playing over 80% of the time?

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

I suppose money and trophies talk, but as a young English player I'd be extremely apprehensive about joining City.

Admittedly I dont watch City every week, but would he be guaranteed first team football every week??

They do currently, yeah. 

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

Don't know what percentage of total games it is, but Foden has 45 appearances and Grealish 38 this season so very much in the first team picture. 

Not sure Phillips would be able to get as many games as that though with Rodri ahead of him.

If Pep guarantees him 80%+ of game time now Fernandinho is heading out the door, fair enough.

But even with him out the picture, he's got to find a way to get in ahead of Rodri, Dias, KDB...

Given how many cup games - domestically and European - Man City will play, you don't need to play 80% of their games to still get almost as many games as you'd get playing as a regular for Leeds.

Plus the massive payrise. And the trophies.

26 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Given how many cup games - domestically and European - Man City will play, you don't need to play 80% of their games to still get almost as many games as you'd get playing as a regular for Leeds.

Plus the massive payrise. And the trophies.

Aye and Pep likes a small squad so most get a fair amount of games.

The only outfield players that didn't get much game time are Nathan Ake & Fernandinho tbf. You wouldn't want to replace him.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The new contract for Dummet and targeting Lodi makes me wonder if we're switching to a back three next year.

I'd doubt it. Howe has rarely gone 3 at the back in his managerial career. Tends to save it for very specific game plans, like Chelsea away this season. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Between this news today, and the Tarkowski stuff from yesterday I wonder if there has been a general shift to a higher calibre of target. Almost like we had a dummy list of targets that seemed reasonable to throw people off the scent, before we start banging in bids for Mbappe, Van Dijik, the ghost of Maradona etc

9 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Not a massive fan, as long as he wouldn’t come in as the only striker signing it wouldn’t be a bad move. If he was the only striker we signed then it would be imo.