More transfer rumours

midds

2 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Same, Gayle and Ritchie for example will be easy. Any championship side will take both tbh and probably great signings for that club. 

Think the issue is going to be whether there are any Championship clubs that would pay them what they're getting here. Need to hope they want to leave to play regular football, rather than just wait it out till their contract expires.

6 hours ago, toon25 said:

Having a chat with a mate earlier and it's interesting that the best players in the world are all well into their 30s. De Bruyne is comparatively young in many respects.

Interesting to see the impact sports science is having on the game now even from 8-10 years ago.

Yeah, the treatment of injuries and the science behind physical preparation has improved immensely.

Also, younger players in the top teams face more difficulty in establishing themselves. That could mean that some of them don't get over-played, and reap the benefits later. Examples of the reverse are Rooney and Wilshere.

I watched a bit of the tennis yesterday, with Nadal at 36, outpacing a good 25 year old opponent in Zverev. Who knows what's possible in the future.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Is it just me or do all the NUFC journos seem like they’re away? Very quiet at the moment.

I imagine this period before the window is actually open is the only time they felt like they could get away for some time off without missing too much. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I imagine this period before the window is actually open is the only time they felt like they could get away for some time off without missing too much. 

They've had 28 consecutive transfer windows when they could've safely gone away at any point they liked.

16 hours ago, hakka said:

Interesting way to look at the squad, quality aside we've got a lot past their peak and not enough coming through or at it.

Did they just move the red blocks to suit a narrative. 

Is a cbs peak from 25 to 28? 

What is actually involved when it says ‘continue talks’ anyway? How far beyond, ‘will you accept £5m up front and £15m instalments’…’how about £10m and £18m instalments’ can these things go?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Think the issue is going to be whether there are any Championship clubs that would pay them what they're getting here. Need to hope they want to leave to play regular football, rather than just wait it out till their contract expires.

Gayle they will as he's pretty much guaranteed to score 20 goals, Ritchie maybe slightly less so. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What is actually involved when it says ‘continue talks’ anyway? How far beyond, ‘will you accept £5m up front and £15m instalments’…’how about £4m and £12m instalments’ can these things go?

Well it's obvious that fuck all is happening and the journos are just filling their columns with the same regurgitated crap. Henderson being an easy one.

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Did they just move the red blocks to suit a narrative. 

Is a cbs peak from 25 to 28? 

I don't really know, there is always examples of players who peak differently or produce effective form to much later than others. I'm sure there must be a statistical average based certain data points, but will be subjective to a degree. I agree you can bend to fit a narrative, but it could be a sound founding principle to ensure your squad is balanced age wise.

It's more distribution by age and position I found interesting. As much as thinking of the team right now, you have to have an eye on having a healthy balance of age as opposed to eveyone aging to point of being less playable at the same time and suddenly needing a giant investment and overhual.

18 hours ago, HTT II said:

Giggs played til he was in his late 30s, so…

What does this mean? Sorry, not really getting your point. Giggs is one player and person, he isn't representative of all players based performances and age.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sorry if Giggs.

We’ve been told €60m or nothing. Hopefully they take the nothing option on this occasion.

Isn't this the keeper thats made awful errors against the likes of Liverpool? Maybe other sides in the CL?

So many other positions to improve than keeper for that sort of money.

13 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Think Nkunku is a much better player than Diaby. 

He is but hes not going to come here. It will be difficult enough to get Diaby. Both wil transform our wide area.