More transfer rumours

midds

Been struggling to keep on top of everything this week. Would people say it's only really Botman and Ekitike that have been strongly and consistently linked at this stage?

Everything else fairly tenuous?

Yeah, I can’t think of anyone else who’s had multiple sustained reports. Lodi had some at the start but nothing for the last ten days or so. There’s been talk of Eriksen but again not sustained reporting 

Just now, Rich said:

Been struggling to keep on top of everything this week. Would people say it's only really Botman and Ekitike that have been strongly and consistently linked at this stage?

Yep, they are the two the press have got hold of.

The Ibanez theory is an interesting one though, might be something in that. Although it could be as an alternative to Botman.  

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Henderson thing seems to have fucked off after looking somewhat odds-on at one point. Lodi n'all obviously. 

Cheers chaps. Had been wondering about Ibanez for a while, as he seems to be right in the pocket in terms of age, position, profile, and nationality. Yellow card machine, isn't he?

From the little I've seen of him, he's right-footed and more Schär-like in terms of style:

image.thumb.png.2e92eea186860044b8815371f007bf51.pngimage.thumb.png.cd75a3211fadf9a4453be0129760d99a.pngimage.thumb.png.ea0dddce14779d778282699d4fc39f58.png

Aye, the rags suggesting that Ashworth has put the breaks on the Henderson deal, Gayle is in talks with Boro and Woodman is close to Preston on loan.

Other than that some vague chat about us being interested in Diaby, Paqueta and DCL, so nothing new.

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yes, basically. I think with those two we've established the players' willingness to sign and the clubs' willingness to sell. We're in pole position and I expect those transfers to go through. Our enthusiasm and the long-standing nature of our interest might well have been a factor in persuading the players.

Our main problem is landing players who have the option of a CL club. That will be difficult.

The third player where we seem to have had a long-standing interest and the competition doesn't seem to be too fierce is Osimhen. We seem to be up against Arsenal. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but he would be a great signing.

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

SmarterScout, but whoever runs their Twitter isn't a fan 

It’s so annoying shit like this by all means highlight sportswashing & human rights abuses but I think we all know if the Saudis offered him £1m for his account it would he transferred over within the other. Much like the Mackems it’s easy to mouth off at someone else when you know you’ll never be in that position 

Edited by gdm

was impressed with Ibanez in that Europa Conference final. seemed to often be in the right place at the right time, key interceptions, and brought the ball out of defence really well. I just assumed he was some veteran CB having a really good game, can't believe he's only 23.

Just been reviewing recent links, disregarding the more dubious, and I reckon we are after:

1. a CM (proven and to be a regular starter);

2. a CF (proven regular starter); 

3. a versatile CF/wide Forward (early career, occasional starter but with chance for regular place); 

4. a wide player/winger (proven regular starter); 

5. a goalie (will need to fight for place); 

6. a CB (regular starter). 

Wishful thinking acknowledged. 

Well, if so, in a dream world I'd like the following;

1. Proven CM - Paqueta

2. Proven CF - Don't know. Osimhen?

3. Young wide / CF - Ekitickle

4. Proven winger - Diaby

5. Keeper - Don't know. Pope?

6. Regular CB - Botface

And then I wake up and we've just got Sheki Kuqi and Seydou Doumbia, on loan.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

It’s so annoying shit like this by all means highlight sportswashing & human rights abuses but I think we all know if the Saudis offered him £1m for his account it would he transferred over within the other. Much like the Mackems it’s easy to mouth off at someone else when you know you’ll never be in that position 

It's proper embracing. Even more so seeing our fans trying to enable it, as if calling out blatant, virtue signalling nonsense is incorrect. I imagine it's possible to criticise the takeover, and inform the general public of human rights issues without being an absolute creep.

Like one of the reason's I'm against animal captivity, and places like Seaworld, is because of well made media like Blackfish (I mean more than just that, but you know). Not because of some fucking tatie 'pwning' sports personalities with a massive, shit eating grin on his face.

40 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's proper embracing. Even more so seeing our fans trying to enable it, as if calling out blatant, virtue signalling nonsense is incorrect. I imagine it's possible to criticise the takeover, and inform the general public of human rights issues without being an absolute creep.

Like one of the reason's I'm against animal captivity, and places like Seaworld, is because of well made media like Blackfish (I mean more than just that, but you know). Not because of some fucking tatie 'pwning' sports personalities with a massive, shit eating grin on his face.

It’s also embarrassing 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just been reviewing recent links, disregarding the more dubious, and I reckon we are after:

1. a CM (proven and to be a regular starter);

2. a CF (proven regular starter); 

3. a versatile CF/wide Forward (early career, occasional starter but with chance for regular place); 

4. a wide player/winger (proven regular starter); 

5. a goalie (will need to fight for place); 

6. a CB (regular starter). 

Wishful thinking acknowledged. 

I think our order of priority is CB - RW/CF - CM - GK

All reports were that we want 4-6. Well we've got Targett now so I think that'll be a CB, a forward and a winger to make four. The other two would be a CM and a keeper.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if at least one of those was a loan, with or without option/obligation to buy.

Linked with Ibrahim Sangare again. Can’t see it happening but I’d love it if we got both Paqueta and Sangare. Ideally we need both. We would then have a bit of depth, never mind a strong central midfield possible of a few combinations. We are still weak in that area as of now. Such a vital part too. 

Sangare looks a serious unit, I was personally hoping we’d go for Haidara but they seem pretty similar in terms of style. Sangare apparently has this release clause which would make it a cheaper and an easier deal to do.

If we can’t get Diaby I see no reason not to go for Paqueta, unless Eriksen is a possibility. We’d still have St Max, Almiron, Joelinton, and Anderson for the wide areas. 

Ideally in terms of options going forward I’d love to see Antony and Eriksen signed. We’d have our right sided forward and another creative midfielder.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sangare looks a serious unit, I was personally hoping we’d go for Haidara but they seem pretty similar in terms of style. Sangare apparently has this release clause which would make it a cheaper and an easier deal to do.

If we can’t get Diaby I see no reason not to go for Paqueta, unless Eriksen is a possibility. We’d still have St Max, Almiron, Joelinton, and Anderson for the wide areas. 

Ideally in terms of options going forward I’d love to see Antony and Eriksen signed. We’d have our right sided forward and another creative midfielder.

No way that is good enough for the wide areas, a RW is much more important signing than a CM