More transfer rumours

midds

If we get Pope via a relegation clause we are not supposed to know about, then Burnley must fucking hate us, if they don’t already. Taking Wood off them, who despite being poor for us, would have done a job for them, unsettling Tarkowski, and beating them on the final day of the season to relegate them. 

Edited by Stifler

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If we get Pope via a relegation clause we are not supposed to know about, then Burnley must fucking hate us, if they don’t already. Taking Wood off then, who despite being poor for us, would have done a job for them, unsettling Tarkowski, and beating them on the final day of the season to relegate them. 

If Burnley were an AirBNB host:

“Other than killing the father, beating the mother and sleeping with the daughter, NUFC was the perfect house guest…”

We’re going to play second fiddle to the clubs in Europe with the player big guns. Building a team with young potential will be much more exciting though!

Edited by RS

29 minutes ago, jack j said:

To be honest if we end up spending 55 million plus on  botman and ekitite and we are only spending 100 million I'd find it abit of anti climax like.

We also spent £100m in Jan though, £200m over 2 windows is a pretty heavy spend for any club. I was expecting us to spend anywhere up to 150m this window (with sales) but I think it’ll be closer to 100m now unless we get one big surprise signing.

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Dunno why people rate Dubravka so highly. He makes the odd save every few games, does OK but never really does anything that any keeper wouldn’t do. And he looked very shaky when we were playing badly and under pressure. 

I don’t know that much about keepers TBF. 

He was shaky when he first came back from injury but the save he made away at Leeds helped turn the season round. 

I rate Pope but would prefer Sanchez.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This lads words are seemingly gospel regarding West Ham.  We should add him as a reputable source. 

Over on Ready to Groom that fake accountant’s words are taken as gospel, just saying…

Do we know who does the negotiations for us when it comes to transfers? Who is pulling the strings trying to get the deals done. Do we have anyone with a  known pedigree in this field? 

Guest HTT II

Beats the days of sending a Northumberland street pigeon over to clubs with a message of will you take a tenner and a SD mug under Ashley and Charnley…

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not much experience then I assume. Tbf I don’t have much of a clue how it works in detail. 

We scout a player, we like said player, we approach the parties involved, agent, player and club, find out kind of what everyone is asking for and we negotiate, sometimes we will pay the asking price and wages or negotiate down or offer incentives to bulk up the price or we walk away. I think everyone at the club from Howe to Nixon and the owners and now our new DOF will be involved in the process with PIF signing off on any deal due to the finances.

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

We scout a player, we like said player, we approach the parties involved, agent, player and club, find out kind of what everyone is asking for and we negotiate, sometimes we will pay the asking price and wages or negotiate down or offer incentives to bulk up the price or we walk away. I think everyone at the club from Howe to Nixon and the owners and now our new DOF will be involved in the process with PIF signing off on any deal de to the finances.

Well most of this was pretty obvious to me but cheers. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

I think the plan is that Ashworth builds a team for this. Obvs the owners will still be involved but there will be more people to do the leg work 

I can see this too. Hope so. 

Guest HTT II

What our new DOF will do is implement a better scouting network and also relations with agents and clubs like Carr kind of did but he was a one man show. We probably need someone still to do the (financial) negotiations to better effect! It just shows you given what we did in January how well we actually did as none of them (the owners) have any experience in that side of things and as much as Nixon and Howe were involved in identifying targets, they probably had zero input in any of the negotiating of money and contracts side of things.

Guest HTT II

We would do well to actually, as much as I loathe them, have a few agents on the payroll because they have experience in negotiating deals and contacts and can advise the club RE clauses, what a player may end up demanding say after year 3 at the club and so on. Chelsea used to do it and most Italian clubs in the 90s.