More transfer rumours

midds

Lingaard seemed to leak a lot of stuff about the Man U dressing room which makes me question his attitude.

I do think we’ll revisit this once we’ve got our other signings out the way. I can see Everton forgetting themselves again and meeting his wage demands.

Just doing some ‘Wise scouting’ of Gabriel Barbarosa (again!). Found a fair bit about interest in him in January, including him asking for a move to West Ham, and a claim that someone from Wolves is over there pestering at the moment. This quote (from Jan, I think) increases the probability of him moving this summer:

“Gabigol, who is out of contract in December 2024, believes a January move to Europe would give him a better chance of cementing himself as a first-team regular with the Brazil national team for this summer's World Cup in Qatar.

The former Inter Milan and Benfica striker enjoyed a brilliant 2021 campaign in front of goal, netting 29 times in 43 appearances across all competitions.”

His movement reminds me of a little of Aguero. He’s a couple of inches taller, but also left footed, has that poacher style number 9 look about him but has played as a wide left forward/playmaker and as an inside forward.

Guest HTT II

He can obviously finish, but is very one footed and doesn’t seem that quick and look at the space and time and backing off. I think he’d struggle here to get the space required to score lots of goals. How much would he likely cost?

Probably going to be two days of fuck all happening in here, so who do people think are the strongest links / most likely signings we'll make after Botman is official? We don't talk about Hugo.

I'm struggling to pinpoint who we'll be going after next.

Just now, Rich said:

Probably going to be two days of fuck all happening in here, so who do people think are the strongest links / most likely signings we'll make after Botman is official? We don't talk about Hugo.

After Botman and Ekitike I'd say Calvert-Lewin is one of the most linked players. Not that I want him mind.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think Diaby was the number one RW choice but I don’t think we will get him so I think we will go for Sarr.

Sarr does seem the obvious one yeah, cheap and a big improvement on paper - it just seems too obvious unless we're going to go big on someone like Diaby.

I hope there's more in the Eriksen links too. 

ASM Wilson Sarr

Joelinton Eriksen Bruno

Targett Botman Schar Trippier 

Pope

We're just needing backup to Schar and Wilson after that really.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Sarr does seem the obvious one yeah, cheap and a big improvement on paper - it just seems too obvious unless we're going to go big on someone like Diaby.

ASM Wilson Sarr

Joelinton Eriksen Bruno

Pope

This would be really solid and fits with the evolution mantra. Maybe they’ll splurge on paqueta late on if we can’t get Eriksen.

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

A Portuguese wonder kid

8 hours ago, Conjo said:

Mitro scored 9 in 34 in his first PL season at 21, in a worse side than Broja at 21 who scored 6 in 32 at better and more attacking Southampton.

Mitro's teams have never survived a PL season.

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

The back five looks in very good shape now. I think there are three positions which I'd like to see strengthened - striker, someone who could play withdrawn striker / wide player in a 4-3-3, and a more defensive central midfield player. 

I suspect that finances mean that we will only make one more big signing, and the priority seems to be the withdrawn striker / wide player. I think the Ekitike move will still go through, but failing that we may push the boat out for Diaby or Gouiri. Or maybe James's Portuguese wonderkid.

The striker situation worries me, given Wilson's injury record, but Howe seems to believe that we can still get some results with Wood, and a good replacement will cost more than we want to spend right now. Osimhen would be dreamy and would suit the team really well, but he's beyond our reach right now.

One of Howe's minor miracles last season was to get some defensive strength into a midfield that lacked any proper DM and had Shelvey in the anchor position. I think he believes he can repeat the trick so that isn't the priority. I have some faith that Longstaff may step up to the mark, or even Anderson. 

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

ASM Wilson Sarr

Joelinton Eriksen Bruno

Pope

I’d be amazed if we went for another CB for now.  Botman, Burn, Schar - we’ve signed Dummett for another year, which means only keeping one from Lascelles or Fernandez.  

42 minutes ago, James said:

A Portuguese wonder kid

I really hope that one happens. He looks to have a lot going for him. Quick, skilful, two footed, determined and diligent. Be mint to see us finally start making those type of signings aswell.