More transfer rumours

midds

Having seen the social media reaction, it feels like too many are leading with their personal feelings about the player on this one.

I don't think Everton will sell unless we get into Diaby price territory anyway.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

He’s crap. Read the Everton forum and outside of being a local lad who tries really hard they don’t particularly rate him. Would be an insanely bad use of funds.

He’s definitely not crap, I’ve not seen anything other than positive reviews from Everton fans.

Gawd.. that detestable diver Gordon..

For a creative player, he's remarkably uncreative. Good at holding the ball, dribbling towards nowhere at full pace and throwing himself to the ground.

Unless we plan to transform him into a pacey striker which at least partially suits his modus operandi, I don't see the point.. ASM has better vision and awareness than this guy..

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think 50 million for Diaby is far better value than 35 million for Gordon.

Based off what exactly? Gordon is an excellent player and was easily their best player on the pitch most games (Created more than Richarlson). I’d reverse your sentence based off of actual league experience.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s definitely not crap, I’ve not seen anything other than positive reviews from Everton fans.

That's cos he was a proper badge thumper in a shite season for them. Abit like lascelles for us a few years back

Hes a very limited player and nowhere near worth that amount

Interesting, I’d be amazed if Everton sold or if Gordon wanted to come. He seems like he adores Everton. I don’t think it’s the best use of money by us but he made a big impact last season for Everton when they were absolutely dire. Basically him and Richarlison were the only bright lights for them 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

He has some useful attributes but he's certainly nothing special from what I've seen.

Don’t get the hype , buy him . 

Just now, jack j said:

That's cos he was a proper badge thumper in a shite season for them. Abit like lascelles for us a few years back

He is decent. Ridiculous to say otherwise. Much rather have Diaby tho. Guess we are just not willing to pay what Leverkusen want sadly 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

It’s not, it’s because he was a creative force for them, the only player not afraid to take the ball and make something happen. For all his antics he was the best player on the pitch when Everton lost at Anfield.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I despise the kid but suppose I will like him more if he plays for us :lol:

:lol: basically this. 

Sounds like we're chancing our arm and investigating just how skint they are. Everton would be absolutely loopy to sell him for anything other than some vastly-inflated price unless they really are up against it financially.