More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, 80 said:

One question in my mind is is this kid so Everton that he detests us? :lol:

The feeling’s mutual TBH. But he obviously has something and works incredibly hard. 

He seems a fairly traditional run-down-the-line type to me, which might be a benefit if the other side is ASM cutting in. 

Isn’t much like our other targets though, which is a little odd. 

I think he's an excellent player every time I've seen him. Yes he's a bit of a cunt and the diving is disappointing but I'd gladly take him. Anyhoo, unlikely to happen this window, as said.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Unless we’ve been told the price they want is actually even much higher so the 35m IS a negotiation? 

Yeah, fair enough. Not sure he’s worth any more than 35, but it’s nice to be in a situation where we can bully little old Everton.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Diaby is a full French international (started recent games) who scored 17 goals and got 14 assists last season. Has 3 full proper seasons behind him for a European level team.

Gordon has had only half a season of being dangerous and looked promising for a struggling side where contributing any kind of energy on the pitch was of value. 4 goals and 2 assists last season.

Obviously the latter is a year younger and playing in a stronger league but honestly Gordon is just buzz at the moment. He could become a good player but it's no sure thing. He hasn't shown anything more than Tom Davies did when he first broke into their team.

Leave it to those in charge 

They are more than competent 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Diaby and Gordon are mainly both potential at the moment. Diaby's numbers were much better in an inferior league, but they both have high ceilings. 

I don't think Diaby is just potential tbh. He's already starting games for France who have probably the strongest national side in the world. He has 3 full seasons behind him. Obviously at his age there is clear room for growth too but there is output and reputation in the here and now.

Gordon has only really had half a season of looking like a promising PL player. I rate him and he's showed a lot of promise but it's not a sure thing. I think 35 million is a big gamble.

Looking at Grand Old Team it's a mix of 'take the money' or wanting to keep him purely out of principle as they dont want another player to leave or wouldn't want to see him come to us.

I'm sure he's a talent has a high ceiling but £35m+ for a good half season? His FBRef stats are also shite. No thanks. Diaby at £45m-£60m is still much better value. Hope we don't pursue this one.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, Willow said:

I think he's an excellent player every time I've seen him. Yes he's a bit of a cunt and the diving is disappointing but I'd gladly take him. Anyhoo, unlikely to happen this window, as said.

With Ashworths contacts he must have been tipped the wink about his availability 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Nah, Gordon's potential ceiling is miles higher.

I’ve not followed him closely but my impression has been that he’s an average player. I’m surprised he’s even getting a mention.

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

We've assembled a team of right handsome bastards in Schar, Wilson and Bruno so its a no from me. 

What if Gordon had a haircut, maybe some plastic surgery and a little light make-up, would that sway you?

Whoever they decide to go for, I'm comfortable with. We have to trust Howe and Ashworth here. People saying "fuck no" are probably the same ones that said similar when we signed Targett and Burn.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For those suggesting Olise has a release clause, Palace fans are adamant he doesn’t have one in his contract.

Nearly every premiership player has a release clause now. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't. 

Do not want Gordon. Feel like he could be another flash in the pan. He’s looked good playing for a shit side. Because he runs around a lot and is direct and fearless. 

Seems like an absolute wanker on the pitch and a diving twat. Which I’m sure we suddenly wouldn’t mind as much if he signed. But would rather the money was spent on someone else. 

Fwiw I'd be happy and confident with whoever we went with because we have good people in recruitment now - just personally don't feel Gordon has shown enough to justify that fee and wouldn't feel confident of him adding significant end product in the immediate here and now (which is what we need).

Happy with all the wingers we've been linked with. Admittedly Gordon is a bit of a deflating option after being linked to Diaby, however I do like Gordon's ability, I watched a lot of Evertons games in the run in last season and he was outstanding and a core reason they survived the drop. Yes, he's a diver and dirty player, but that was Everton's modus operandi last season and he bought into it. That's something that can be trained out of him. He's fast, direct and not scared to take a man on. He might not be the glamorous signing we all want but he is a good little player with untapped potential, plus we plunge Everton further down by buying up the only other decent player they had last season.

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Whoever they decide to go for, I'm comfortable with. We have to trust Howe and Ashworth here. People saying "fuck no" are probably the same ones that said similar when we signed Targett and Burn.

It's a forum people are going to give their opinion on players we can't just say we trust the manager and board on everything can we .

He's obviously better than him but he reminds me a bit of Callum McManaman when he broke through at Wigan.

Eye catching because he's direct, fearless and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Struggling side so everything goes through him. However there's a lot of work needed in terms of end product and it really could go either way long term imo.