More transfer rumours

midds

6 hours ago, hakka said:

PSG going after Ekitike, when Kalimuendo is similar age and outcomes in terms of goals per appearance ratio?

I know it's simplistic, but does seem odd to let one go and spend more to replace with something so similar.

Well if they rate Ekiteke more highly, then they could potentially use the fee from Kalimeundo to pay for Ekiteke basically. They can't keep them both on their books.

It might work out okay for us actually, there's nothing to say they aren't both highly talented players who would fit our brief for a young and rising striker.

I don't mind these goofy clubs buying up so many players. At the same time they are going to be losing so many gems as they keep chasing the newest thing.

We need to be savvy enough to take advantage and pick some of them up. Chelsea at one point had both Salah and De Bruyne in their building and let them both go for goodness sake. That can never be forgotten.

Chelsea seem a bit of chaotic in their spending this summer. As plenty have mentioned already, Hudson-Odoi should be on our radar, just like Broja is already.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't mind these goofy clubs buying up so many players. At the same time they are going to be losing so many gems as they keep chasing the newest thing.

We need to be savvy enough to take advantage and pick some of them up. Chelsea at one point had both Salah and De Bruyne in their building and let them both go for goodness sake. That can never be forgotten.

Chelsea seem a bit of chaotic in their spending this summer. As plenty have mentioned already, Hudson-Odoi should be on our radar, just like Broja is already.

And Kalimuendo. I think there is talent out there, we just have to be savvy about picking the right one for us.

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

And Kalimuendo. I think there is talent out there, we just have to be savvy about picking the right one for us.

Yeah for sure. We should be keeping a keen eye out for big foreign clubs doing this too. 

The Diaby we are so keen on was a PSG discard, as was Nkunku. It's pretty crazy really.

I like the look of Kalimuendo a lot. He's more accomplished than Ekitike in actuality, as he has performed for Lens for two seasons now back to back. I'd be really pleased with him.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

That article is saying our offer for him was a deal that could go up to 46 million euros. No chance, surely.

Depends on the qualifying conditions I guess? £39m wouldn’t be so bad if £15m was added if he won the CL with us, for example. 

4 hours ago, LV said:

Of course there’s loads more work to do.

But that work can no longer be done in one or two transfer windows like it could be done back then. 

And that’s even if we have the money to spend as big as City or Chelsea did back then. Like I’ve said before, we don’t really know how much PIF is prepared to give us and just because they are super rich with almost limitless resources it really doesn’t mean we are. 

Next couple of years is important to clear out dead wood as contracts run down (think over 20 contracts expire in next 2 years with 9 in the next year) and we build up academy as we’ve started to already.  add on top of this new sponsorship and slowly landing occasional botman bruno type signing to raise our profile.

This is the only way forward in this day and age I feel.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Depends on the qualifying conditions I guess? £39m wouldn’t be so bad if £15m was added if he won the CL with us, for example. 

Yeah, true. There's been so many different fees reported for him it's hard to say which is accurate.

Edited by KaKa

So the Athletic mentioned a little while back that the kind of midfielder Howe was after is a dynamic midfield metronome to improve our possession and control over games.

So someone that drops deep to receive the ball off the centre backs to help beat a press, and then intelligently and efficiently distribute the ball with shorter passes to players further ahead, while also being able to dribble out of tight spots when under pressure.

I was looking into these sorts of midfielders and interestingly we were linked with Arthur Melo in the winter window and then again in March.

Maybe a possible loan option before the window closes, as Juventus are trying to move him, and Arsenal have since moved on to other targets since being strongly linked in January.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

So the Athletic mentioned a little while back that the kind of midfielder Howe was after is a dynamic midfield metronome to improve our possession and control over games.

So someone that drops deep to receive the ball off the centre backs to help beat a press, and then intelligently and efficiently distribute the ball with shorter passes to players further ahead, while also being able to dribble out of tight spots when under pressure.

I was looking into these sorts of midfielders and interestingly we were linked with Arthur Melo in the winter window and then again in March.

Maybe a possible loan option before the window closes, as Juventus are trying to move him, and Arsenal have since moved on to other targets since being strongly linked in January.

Would Conor Gallagher be Howe’s cup of tea, do you think?