More transfer rumours

midds

Please don't make me stick up for Luke Edwards ffs.

Everyone's been clamouring for new info and as usual when it's not what people want and they don't get that microdose of dopamine, they act like the same broken souls on Twitter.

What he, Hope and Downie have reported is still new information and useful, it's just not decisive. It was exactly like this on here in-between signing Wood and Bruno.

Edited by Kid Icarus

We have a budget but I’m bloody certain people on the outside won’t know the numbers. These are business people they aren’t that stupid that they would reveal their hand, never mind considering how the public view on us is. Most would think we would spend insane amounts 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Whether he's right or wrong doesn't really matter if he's a massive cunt though. I mean why would you give him the benefit of any doubt whatsoever?

I’m not the point is they are all

Saying the same thing time and again about a budget and people just dismiss it as bullshit

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s not wrong tho :lol: the only journalist that hasn’t said there is a budget etc etc is jacobs. The rest all seem to be on same page 

People just want to hear what they want to believe. We probaby thought we'd get Hugo and the other options we like are deemed too expensive when we enquired. More than likely we are taking a step back seeing how the market progresses and if we can do a deal for one of those at a lower price and if not deciding if it's better to pay more than we wanted and maybe sacrifice another positions budget. 

Its wishful thinking people claiming we have a bottomless pile of cash to spend but we just don't want clubs to know about and Ashworth is secretly doing deals that none of the journalists know about. We could end up having a good window but with a lot feeling deflated with the expectations they've set based on nothing. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not the point. He’s not wrong that pretty much every journalist has said their is a strict budget. I hope they are all wrong I really do but maybe just maybe they are correct 

he’s saying ‘blow cash’ in the contest that we will use the remainder of the budget on that one player. Luke is a cock but he’s not saying anything that the likes of Douglas, Waugh, hope and more are saying 

Hes gone from a set budget to now saying we could spunk an amount similar to the set budget he said on one player

Sorry if I take what he says with a pinch of salt like

Cant change the goalposts every week

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Look mate you are still missing the point. If the other journalists are wrong, that just means they didn't quite get it right given the lack of available sources. When Luke gets it wrong it's because he's a fucking tedious prick. If he gets it right, well he's always got a 50% chance of guessing right.

I agree he is a tedious prick but Luke isn’t my point so you aren’t getting it :lol:

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Please don't make me stick up for Luke Edwards ffs.

Everyone's been clamouring for new info and as usual when it's not what people want and they don't get that microdose of dopamine, they act like the same broken souls on Twitter.

What he, Hope and Downie have reported is still new information and useful, it's just not decisive.

Thank fuck someone gets it 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m not the point is they are all

Saying the same thing time and again about a budget and people just dismiss it as bullshit

Most people don't dismiss it as bullshit though, they just don't believe that what the club feeds to journalists is written in stone. Why would any club be advertising their budget to journalists whatever it was, whether £50 or £250m?

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Hes gone from a set budget to now saying we could spunk an amount similar to the set budget he said on one player

Sorry if I take what he says with a pinch of salt like

Cant change the goalposts every week

Of course the goalposts change every week in a transfer window. You only have to remind yourself of the final day of the last transfer window never mind one with a month or so left 🙂

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I agree he is a tedious prick but Luke isn’t my point so you aren’t getting it :lol:

Mate if you are going to quote Luke Edwards then he is your point and he's going to get called a tedious prick. I'm not trying to distract from your point, but he is a baldy.

I echo the point, there's no strict budget as such, but at the same time the owners aren't going to get taken for mugs. If a player comes available for £60m and he's a £60m player that we need then we'll buy him, if he's a £40m player and they want £60m then we wait or move on. They have the spending power but that doesn't mean not being frugal.

Just now, TRon said:

Most people don't dismiss it as bullshit though, they just don't believe that what the club feeds to journalists is written in stone. Why would any club be advertising their budget to journalists whatever it was, whether £50 or £250m?

I’m not saying it’s definately the case just in my opinion that’s what it looks like but I hope you are right and we have plenty to spend but a lack of progress for a diaby or a paqueta or now isak suggests we don’t have a great deal more to spend. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Thank fuck someone gets it 

Everyone gets that their isn't a bottomless pit of cash available

It's the fact he's an obnoxious cunt who thrives on looking down his nose at people. He said there was a certain budget there which we have already surpassed and now he's claiming we could go big on a striker

Just now, Jaqen said:

People just want to hear what they want to believe. We probaby thought we'd get Hugo and the other options we like are deemed too expensive when we enquired. More than likely we are taking a step back seeing how the market progresses and if we can do a deal for one of those at a lower price and if not deciding if it's better to pay more than we wanted and maybe sacrifice another positions budget. 

Its wishful thinking people claiming we have a bottomless pile of cash to spend but we just don't want clubs to know about and Ashworth is secretly doing deals that none of the journalists know about. We could end up having a good window but with a lot feeling deflated with the expectations they've set based on nothing. 

That's simply not true though. I couldn't care if we have a budget or not, this is absolutely lightyears from the Ashley era and I'm loving it.

I'm basing my position on our activity in January, along with the statements of the owners and our new signings. If it's not the case I'll probably shrug as we'll have had a great window regardless.

Hope and Downie are the best of the local journos, but its become clear the club are very selective about what they leak to them. Edwards probably gets similar info but he's more willing to sensationalise it and throw a few random names into the mix for the clicks. They told us £50 million in January and it was nearly double that. That isn't a slight on them, but it was the info they were selectively given by the club.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Mate if you are going to quote Luke Edwards then he is your point and he's going to get called a tedious prick. I'm not trying to distract from your point, but he is a baldy.

Fuckin hell :lol: the point is clear all journalists are saying the same thing. Just because Luke is a prick doesn’t change from fact he is saying the same thing as hope, caulkin, Waugh and others 

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

It's the fact he's an obnoxious cunt who thrives on looking down his nose at people.

No one disagrees with you on this I don’t know why you keep saying it like I disagree :lol:

2 hours ago, STM said:

Can someone who has decent knowledge of Isak please convince me?

Not seen the lad play but want to be excited.

Started out in my favorite team in Sweden, AIK. In his debut season in the top league in Sweden he scored 10 goals at the age of 16. He also became the youngest scorer of the Swedish national team at 17 years old.

He is a real talent who plays mainly as a number 9. Looks thin but is strong and protects the ball very well. Good technic and a good finisher.

Had a couple of difficult years at Dortmund but really hit it off at loan at Willem II and at Sociedad, first on loan and later permanent.

1 minute ago, Toon No9 said:

Started out in my favorite team in Sweden, AIK. In his debut season in the top league in Sweden he scored 10 goals at the age of 16. He also became the youngest scorer of the Swedish national team at 17 years old.

He is a real talent who plays mainly as a number 9. Looks thin but is strong and protects the ball very well. Good technic and a good finisher.

Had a couple of difficult years at Dortmund but really hit it off at loan at Willem II and at Sociedad, first on loan and later permanent.

Why did he not progress at Dortmund?

Anyway, Luke is a twat, there may of may not be a budget and they may or may not spend when a good deal comes along. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. At least we now get to have these kind of debates 

Pope, Trippier, Targett, Botman, Bruno plus arguably Burn is half a new team bought within the first year. That's incredible and a million miles away from what we've had. 

People need to chill the fuck out a bit and appreciate what's happening here. Not all positions can be fixed instantly, it's going to take a few years. Fucking greedy cunts man. Everything! Right now!