More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Aye, it's me. Isak is literally from the same street where my grandparents lived when I was growing up. 

Saw him break through at AIK at 16 years old, and took the absolute piss out of the Swedish league at that age. 

My stepson loves him as well, despite not supporting AIK, so would be great in my quest to get him to be a Toon fan. 

Have you followed him closely this season ? His stats aren't great and the couple of times I watched him he was a bit meh. Some good touches but a lot of bad decisions and lacking focus.

7 hours ago, midds said:

Pope, Trippier, Targett, Botman, Bruno plus arguably Burn is half a new team bought within the first year. That's incredible and a million miles away from what we've had. 

People need to chill the fuck out a bit and appreciate what's happening here. Not all positions can be fixed instantly, it's going to take a few years. Fucking greedy cunts man. Everything! Right now!

Chill down mate.

8 hours ago, Mattoon said:

I echo the point, there's no strict budget as such, but at the same time the owners aren't going to get taken for mugs. If a player comes available for £60m and he's a £60m player that we need then we'll buy him, if he's a £40m player and they want £60m then we wait or move on. They have the spending power but that doesn't mean not being frugal.

Can we get this pinned to the top of the thread or something? 

7 hours ago, madras said:

Have you followed him closely this season ? His stats aren't great and the couple of times I watched him he was a bit meh. Some good touches but a lot of bad decisions and lacking focus.

Not a lot this season, probably about 5 times. He struggled with injuries quite a bit, and never really got going. He will be the first to tell you that he is disappointed with his season, his attitude is great. 

The season before last, he beat Zlatans record for La Liga goals scored by a Swede, and did it playing for Real Sociedad at 21 years old without being on penalties.

Shouldn't really just be looking at his goals stats with him, as he is a very technical player that can both drop deep and make runs behind the defence. I've no doubt that Howe would get the best out of him, they seem like a great match. 

Club leaking 'budget' stories whilst not wanting to set the precedent for the next X amount of years in the market for top players by overpaying now.

Relax

If we break our alleged budget ,

luke Edwards will say…,.. (things changed …..priorities changed ….they decided to spend big now and less in the next window ……couldn’t resist the deal ……had to break their own rules….blah blah blah)

if we stay within the alleged budget he will say ….I told you so 

he said from the outset it was £60 million this window 

£50 million last window (January)

he was wrong both times , 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Didn't Luke tweet something before essentially claiming he was trying to help the club out by lowering expectations or something? :lol: 

Or have I made that up?

Yeah he did, he said they’d been briefed to basically say we weren’t going to spend big

Just now, Shearergol said:

IIRC he claimed that the club had personally thanked him for helping to set expectations.

He's such a trooper, he started the women's rights campaign you know.

To add more evidence to that theory.  At the beginning of the window, the local journos were reporting that we wanted a left back, a centre back, a right winger and a striker, with goals being a priority. If there was a strict budget, it would be really daft to sign two of those, sign a goalkeeper and then come to the realisation they can only bring one more player in :lol:

I just cannot imagine it's very common for clubs to tell journalists how much they're going to spend?

When they first took over they were a bit more open with the press but I don't think there's been a direct quote from anyone about our transfer business for ages?

9 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Mate,

i tried to quote about people expecting too much and the budget something like at least 40 pages ago and I basically got told to go away so this is my first post since.

People are gonna believe and (imo) be disappointed when the dust settles even though we’ll have had a really good window.

wasting your time.

It’s only going to get worse as time goes on to, logic will go out the window and people will just want and expect more, more, more.. 

18 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Didn't Luke tweet something before essentially claiming he was trying to help the club out by lowering expectations or something? :lol: 

Or have I made that up?

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I just cannot imagine it's very common for clubs to tell journalists how much they're going to spend?

When they first took over they were a bit more open with the press but I don't think there's been a direct quote from anyone about our transfer business for ages?

Earlier this week, Waugh said himself that the club hasn't confirmed a budget. It's just educated guesswork.

Like I said the transfer window could end tomorrow and I'd be be satisfied, but the information being provided by the local lot just doesn't add up. I don't understand why its so far fetched that the club are using them, especially with what we've just seen from Milan during the Botman deal.

We'll see what happens, but as I say it's win-win regardless. There's a big difference between speculating what the budget might be and arguing what the budget should be, it seems to have got lost in translation with some who are having a dig.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Earlier this week, Waugh said himself that the club hasn't confirmed a budget. It's just educated guesswork.

Like I said the transfer window could end tomorrow and I'd be be satisfied, but the information being provided by the local lot just doesn't add up. I don't understand why its so far fetched that the club are using them, especially with what we've just seen from Milan during the Botman deal.

We'll see what happens, but as I say it's win-win regardless. There's a big difference between speculating what the budget might be and arguing what the budget should be, it seems to have got lost in translation with some who are having a dig.

Would you really be satisfied? The thought of going into a season with Wood behind Wilson scares the shit out of me 😂

1 minute ago, Alberto2005 said:

Would you really be satisfied? The thought of going into a season with Wood behind Wilson scares the shit out of me 😂

I don't think we'll need to worry about that, but I'd be interested to why know CB was deemed the priority.

There are holes all over the squad, through no fault of the owners. In two transfer windows they've brought in an entire new defence and a world class midfielder. In an absolutely ideal world we'd still bring in a centre midfielder , a right winger and a forward, but I'd much rather they brought in quality over quantity. That takes time though, so if it means leaving a gap or two in the starting eleven, so be it. 

52 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

If we break our alleged budget ,

luke Edwards will say…,.. (things changed …..priorities changed ….they decided to spend big now and less in the next window ……couldn’t resist the deal ……had to break their own rules….blah blah blah)

if we stay within the alleged budget he will say ….I told you so 

he said from the outset it was £60 million this window 

£50 million last window (January)

he was wrong both times , 

What have we spent since they came in 155M?

This will probably end up as a take it or leave it offer as Botman and Ekitike did. We got one of them in, don't mind the club/Ashworth negotiating like that at all.