More transfer rumours

midds

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

My prediction for the little it’s worth is we’ll sign Harrison and get Broja on loan 

Yep, this feels like the most realistic outcome. Which I also think puts us in a good position for the season ahead. Not as flashy as some people may like, but I would say it makes a top half finish achievable. Obviously would prefer Barnes to Harrison, but I just can't see us being willing to part with the £50m+ it would take. Don't think we will break the £50m on one player barrier till next Summer. 

30 minutes ago, gdm said:

My prediction for the little it’s worth is we’ll sign Harrison and get Broja on loan 

I know Harrison is confidently both footed but has he played on the right much.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, this feels like the most realistic outcome. Which I also think puts us in a good position for the season ahead. Not as flashy as some people may like, but I would say it makes a top half finish achievable. Obviously would prefer Barnes to Harrison, but I just can't see us being willing to part with the £50m+ it would take. Don't think we will break the £50m on one player barrier till next Summer. 

Would be quite underwhelming but we just won’t or can’t pay what clubs are wanting for better. I was hoping for more bruno standard of players but guess just see what happens. The market is ridiculous when we are getting quoted £30m-£35m for average premier league players  

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, madras said:

I know Harrison is confidently both footed but has he played on the right much.

Im not too sure tbh. I don’t think he has for Leeds 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think we will sign two players worth 40m each.

Hope so. I’d be very surprised tbh. Maybe this whole bank loan thing will change things but imo that’s just for cash flow and nothing to do with transfers 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

Im not too sure tbh. I don’t think he has for Leeds 

Raphinha played on the right didn’t he 

Don’t think it would bother me where Harrison plays on our team - I suspect on the right if he does sign - he can easily cut onto the left foot which would be very useful for our attacks 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Could we go with 

Wilson 

ASM                                  Almiron

Bruno          Big Joe       Paqueta  

Sure Bruno hates playing on the left swap him and big Joe

Chris Waugh is definetly in the dark transfer wise. His PotT updates were:

We're interested in Sesko but so are half of Europe.

Draxler unlikely, but Warner possible on loan.

Players will become available as squads are trimmed.

Ritchie and a keeper will likely leave minimum.

Real cutting edge stuff. Not much from Hope these days either, only Edwards is churning out the "exclusives" and his source is probably still Steve Bruce. Thirsty times.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

Barnes still made 42, 35 and 48 appearances over the last three years. 

Starts? Genuinely surprised. Fair play. Will watch him closer this season.

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think we will sign two players worth 40m each.

Honestly I'd absolutely love this. 2 really solid attacking additions could potentially make a huge difference this season. We're so close to having a top 10 side right now but just lack the firepower to build on our pretty stable backline.

We all know this but my excitement levels for this season would triple if we get 2 more in. It's a nice problem to have, I just hope we can get em signed so we can really push on.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chris Waugh is definetly in the dark transfer wise. His PotT updates were:

We're interested in Sesko but so are half of Europe.

Draxler unlikely, but Warner possible on loan.

Players will become available as squads are trimmed.

Ritchie and a keeper will likely leave minimum.

Real cutting edge stuff. Not much from Hope these days either, only Edwards is churning out the "exclusives" and his source is probably still Steve Bruce. Thirsty times.

We're interested in sesko but funny how absolutely not 1 of them mentioned him up until his agent put them pictures of himself in Newcastle.[emoji38]

If we don't bring in attacking reinforcements we don't get top 10 this season IMO, but I can't see us being in as much danger of the drop as last season.

Very underwhelmed so far, I still think we've been scrambling since Ekitike turned us down, and the proof of that is in the fact we've done no business and don't look likely to do any soon.

I think we will end up with one more which I think will be an attacker who can play across the front three, probably on loan.

Not the absolute end of the world considering its small steps at a time apparently, which is fine, but I hope they realise at some point they may have to start breaking our wage structure and paying 50 mil plus on some signings if we eventually want to achieve our ambitions.

Edited by Tiotes Witch Doctor

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Sometimes Leicester play 3 at the back and Barnes is sacrificed. But he starts more often than not. Had a few injuries last season.

Season before, he had a knee injury. My Leicester supporting mate claims Barnes wasn't injured at all last season (he only missed 5 games across all competitions)

I can’t see why Broja would come on loan when we have Wilson as a starter. I thought he was more of an out and out forward. Can he play wide. Didn’t Howe play with two strikers at Bournemouth (Wilson/King) albeit with one in a withdrawn role? Would both play together? He seems to want guaranteed game time.

I'm bored ...

Was looking at some young strikers on the scoutedftbl website (which is really good), and I think the Hoffenheim striker, Georginio Rutter will be on our list. Same age as Ekitike, and also a well rounded forward that can also play on either wing. He's also two footed, with a slightly stronger left foot.

Looks like we were linked with him when he was leaving Rennes a couple of seasons back to join Hoffenheim. Same agency as Joelinton and we've done business with Hoffenheim fairly recently. Also the same agency as Draxler who we have been randomly linked with of late. Maybe we're looking at a different player under their books?

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/best-young-football-players/georginio-rutter/

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Btw i prefered the leaky leaky approach.

This is desperate.

Yeah, this is pretty painful. It's incredibly quiet right now.