More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Salzburg have already sold Adeyemi so they'll want daft money for Sesko. I see Man United are allegedly interested too.

Probably aye. Even then, probably worth it. Seems destined for greatness from what i've read and seen lately. People have talked about the likes of DCL and others for a lot of money too. i know who i'd rather have.

To be totally honest, best thing he could do now is probably stay for this season and then go to a club like Dortmund or RB Leipzig and then to the PL. I would guess he's good enough for the PL now already though.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Probably aye. Even then, probably worth it. Seems destined for greatness from what i've read and seen lately. People have talked about the likes of DCL and others for a lot of money too. i know who i'd rather have.

To be totally honest, best thing he could do now is probably stay for this season and then go to a club like Dortmund or RB Leipzig and then to the PL. I would guess he's good enough for the PL now already though.

Aye, you'd imagine that's the plan. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Sesko looks destined for the very top of this game.

But for context he scored something like 6 league goals last season.

For us... that's fine. We can grow with him.

In a funny sort of way, our appalling striking weakness gives us a great opportunity to bring in a youngster who we don't expect or need to score many goals, on the grounds that (without Wilson in the team) we have nothing to lose, and already are geared up for the midfield to pull it's weight.

Guess his dickhead agent was just doing the dickhead agent thing, then, seeing as we've heard absolutely bugger all about this lad since those photos, other than that some of the ESL chums are supposedly interested now?

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Why are we talking about Barnes if there's no chance of Leicester selling him?

Because they need to sell in order to buy, and other players who they would be more amenable to letting go aren’t being bought. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Because they need to sell in order to buy, and other players who they would be more amenable to letting go aren’t being bought. 

So they will sell then, if they get a big enough offer. Just saw a few posters saying they would never sell him on the previous couple of pages.

18 minutes ago, 80 said:

In a funny sort of way, our appalling striking weakness gives us a great opportunity to bring in a youngster who we don't expect or need to score many goals, on the grounds that (without Wilson in the team) we have nothing to lose, and already are geared up for the midfield to pull it's weight.

We should definitely be signing that type of player. one that's probably 2-3 years away from going to a "giant" club. Hugo E was that profile in many ways too.

We don't need high G/A as long as we can see ability and real talent. We need to look like a side on the rise.

For all this talk - we have only signed 2 players for the long-term in this project. And a 3rd who is already at the peak of his powers. The rest are all stop gaps to some degree imo.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

So they will sell then, if they get a big enough offer. Just saw a few posters saying they would never sell him on the previous couple of pages.

As with our own club, no one knows anything until a deal is done. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

He seems to want to play for a CL club so I don’t think he’s a realistic target for us. 

Nobody wants him though.

He might have to run the contract down. Leicester don't want that either.

Arsenal would've been a decent move but they wanted positional flexibility.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Nobody wants him though.

He might have to run the contract down. Leicester don't want that either.

Arsenal would've been a decent move but they wanted positional flexibility.

Then he kicks rocks for a year and moves for a free next summer. 

So Leicester need to sell before they can buy, fair enough.

But they also don’t need to sell. Why sell Barnes to then have to go out and replace him with someone at least as good? They could just keep him.

Its not like the market is awash with available and quality wide men, as we’ve found out. 

@LV Yep, Leicester actually need another wing-option and Barnes is one of those players who’s contract isn’t in it’s last year. Would take a huge offer for them to even think about selling.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, KDT said:

All very quiet from the local journos on us, expect Edwards to back to his positive self on Monday after he's finished with the Euros.

It's been this way since Ashworth came in. Hopefully a good sign he has tightened the ship in terms of negotiation leaks. Either that or the lad is on a massive skive. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

So Leicester need to sell before they can buy, fair enough.

But they also don’t need to sell. Why sell Barnes to then have to go out and replace him with someone at least as good? They could just keep him.

Its not like the market is awash with available and quality wide men, as we’ve found out. 

They might be happy with that position and have enough in the squad to fill it without Barnes and might want to buy for elsewhere on the pitch where they feel they are lacking quality? Goalkeeper if Schmeichel is off?

Could we go with 

Wilson 

ASM                                  Almiron

Bruno          Big Joe       Paqueta