More transfer rumours

midds

Whilst it is no fun with no leaks, the takeover saga has really improved my patience. 

we waited 18 painful months for that to happen, and in just 6 weeks the transfer window will be shut and our business will be done, so I am more than content to just wait and see who we buy. 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

It’s boring right now but we need to chill out a bit, some expected to much to fast. Not as simple as ‘just pay it’ or ‘push the wage structure now’. 

We've been a team desperate for goals for a number of years now.

Our top 2 positions to be filled - haven't been filled.

We've picked some low hanging fruit in Targett and Pope. Landed someone we've been after since January. The more difficult business of getting creative and attacking players... there's Wood from January.

Edited by The College Dropout

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We've been a team desperate for goals for a number of years now.

Our top 2 positions to be filled - haven't been filled.

We've picked some low hanging fruit in Targett and Pope. Landed someone we've been after since January. The more difficult business of getting creative and attacking players... there's Wood from January.

I’m not saying be content with the business we’ve already done, I’m saying have some faith that we will get what we need come the end of the window.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm pretty chilled. We've had a good window to date and I'm sure we'll bring in a couple more additions before the beginning of September.

I am chilled aswell …but 

disagree about the good windows though 

it’s a 5/6 out of 10 (in my opinion)

Pope / Keeper - Similar in standard to dubravka (so won’t effect general play) 

Targett - We had him last season so no improvement/ same as last year 

1 real addition (outfield) 

Botman - Great signing / great addition 

Edited by JonBez comesock

1 minute ago, Nine said:

I’m not saying be content with the business we’ve already done, I’m saying have some faith that we will get what we need come the end of the window.

Fair.

Worst case, I thought we might panic ourselves into some big signings close to the window closing. More likely pre-Ashworth though.

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Btw i prefered the leaky leaky approach.

This is desperate.

The thing is the idea that Ashworth can shut off the leaks just seems unrealistic to me. He has no control over agents and other clubs, and they are leaky the vast majority of the time. My feeling is that we're monitoring things and hoping that moves other clubs make free up a target. If that doesn't happen though we're not going to spend the money for the sake of it, we'll look to get a loan or two and wait until the next window to spend. I think the lack of leaks is likely more to do with not much happening.

Just now, Kimbo said:

The thing is the idea that Ashworth can shut off the leaks just seems unrealistic to me. He has no control over agents and other clubs, and they are leaky the vast majority of the time. My feeling is that we're monitoring things and hoping that moves other clubs make free up a target. If that doesn't happen though we're not going to spend the money for the sake of it, we'll look to get a loan or two and wait until the next window to spend. I think the lack of leaks is likely more to do with not much happening.

This is my fear.

A slow start to the season, might actually help.

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

I am chilled aswell …but 

disagree about the good windows though 

it’s a 5/6 out of 10 (in my opinion)

Pope / Keeper - Similar in standard to dubravka (so won’t effect general play) 

Targett - We had him last season so no improvement/ same as last year 

1 real addition (outfield) 

Botman - Great signing / great addition 

It's difficult to grade a transfer window that has five weeks left to run.

We've addressed a problem position at left back, strengthened the goal keeping department and brought in one of Europe's best young centre backs.

Howe has said that we want another couple in the attacking department and I have no reason to doubt him. Whether we manage to bring in long term targets of Bruno's quality or a stopgap such as Burn, I'm sure they'll strengthen us no end.

14 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I'm sure they said, when they took over, they would prefer not to do business in January, but this year it was imperative. I don't think we'll be waiting to buy in Jan.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's difficult to grade a transfer window that has five weeks left to run.

We've addressed a problem position at left back, strengthened the goal keeping department and brought in one of Europe's best young centre backs.

Howe has said that we want another couple in the attacking department and I have no reason to doubt him. Whether we manage to bring in long term targets of Bruno's quality or a stopgap such as Burn, I'm sure they'll strengthen us no end.

With the season starting next week,... you do have to start rating it from now.\

You taker Arsenal and Spurs. Nearly all key positions filled in time to participate in pre-season. Good window.

City - still chasing 1 player but everyone signed nice and early.

Then you have Chelsea, Man United.. us... key potentially season defining transfers will happen in the last 5 weeks and most likely after the season has already started. It cannot be an ideal window.

We've got enough stop-gaps for now. We need another 2 players - a level above what we have.

Let's not forget, this will be the first summer transfer deadline day in about 15 year where we will have our eyes open and react to the market, where if someone becomes available who we want we'll make the move. None of this "closed for business" bullshit we've been fed for years.

I reckon we get a striker in the next week or two and then a right winger arrives later on, possibly even a loan deal.