More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, High Five o said:

400m to break into top 10, that is utter fucking madness if you believe that is needed 😆

Everton say hi

Exactly, half a billion to be a top ten club. However, I think if we spent that over a few seasons, we’d be a top 4 club, especially under the right manager. Everton have shown, though, money alone doesn’t guarantee anything really.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Exactly, half a billion to be a top ten club. However, I think if we spent that over a few seasons, we’d be a top 4 club, especially under the right manager. Everton have shown, though, money alone doesn’t guarantee anything really.

That's because they bought a lot of shite.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

I didn't realise Brighton had such a big net spend.  I always think of them overperforming but with that spend they are under performing.

Everton have spent a lot of money but you always felt they were going for players that weren't quite good enough or had been cast off at bigger clubs. James, Iwobi, Walcott, Mina, Gomez etc etc had all shown they weren't the blue chip players by the time they signed for Everton. Was always going to end this way.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Anyone think there will be a surprise come deadline day or are we just looking to do the Bakker, Guimaraes & burn deals with a possibility of revisiting lingard? 

Think there may be at least one that happens last minute, possibly the Lingaard loan etc if there are no other takers.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Everton say hi

Everton completely wasting loads of money and going backwards doesn't mean more money was needed though, just better use of it.  £400m doesn't guarantee anything, but I do agree that amount isn't needed to break into the top 10.

1 minute ago, Teasy said:

Everton completely wasting loads of money and going backwards doesn't mean more money was needed though, just better use of it.  £400m doesn't guarantee anything, but I do agree that amount isn't needed to break into the top 10.

I know that. I’m saying it’s not impossible to spend such sums and end up mid-table, as Everton have shown. Again, as I’ve said, I don’t think we would see similar results as them if we were to go on a similar spend. 

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Everton have spent a lot of money but you always felt they were going for players that weren't quite good enough or had been cast off at bigger clubs. James, Iwobi, Walcott, Mina, Gomez etc etc had all shown they weren't the blue chip players by the time they signed for Everton. Was always going to end this way.

Mina has been good imo. 

It's something deeper than just the signings.

Gomes started well but has fallen off. James started well and was good when he played but that went sour with Rafa.

What they weren't able to do which City & Chelsea did - was sign their rivals best players and I think we should do that. Everton, Leeds, Leicester, West Ham etc. - take all their best players. DCL, Raphinha, Zaha, Rice, Phillips etc. Once we gut them go after Arsenal & Spurs players.

25 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I think we really need a striker 

Clutching at some straws but the fact Zapata is supposedly coming in on loan makes me hope we are concentrating on the permanent deals right now as the loan ones should be easier to tie up nearer the end. 

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Clutching at some straws but the fact Zapata is supposedly coming in on loan makes me hope we are concentrating on the permanent deals right now as the loan ones should be easier to tie up nearer the end. 

I think that’s some serious clutching 😄

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

Seems likely 😅

Can't see Atletico dealing again and this late in the window.

Edit: My mistake. If we bid 60m Euros it doesn't matter whether they want to sell or not. 

Edited by toontownman