More transfer rumours

midds

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Yes this is badly needed. 

Wonder if they'll relocate from the current place to somewhere near Ponteland or similar. 

Hopefully they can make it Adam P proof. 

I read somewhere there will be upgrades at the Benton trainingground in the summer.

At the same time they will start building a new trainingground somewhere else. Didn't say where. Just that it would be a world class one for both A-team and academy.

When did it become allowed to speak to the player before the club? Thought that was against some regulation, or at least used to be.

Seems we're being constantly shafted by the clubs after spending time convincing the player first. Looks a little counter-productive, especially as unsettling the player doesn't seem to have the desired effect anyway. The clubs won't budge.

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Parallel negotiations for multiple players if it is us, back up option in case Bruno falls through perhaps.

We where linked earlier in the window and it seems to be very close the the price we have bid for Bruno

Just now, Toon No9 said:

I read somewhere there will be upgrades at the Benton trainingground in the summer.

At the same time they will start building a new trainingground somewhere else. Didn't say where. Just that it would be a world class one for both A-team and academy.

I think they should buy that land West of Sunniside so they can train and look at the whole of Newcastle to inspire them.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

Be a pretty hollow victory if we keep our pride and refuse to pay what clubs want but don't get anyone and go down imo

Would you rather stay up and always have to pay over the odds because teams know we will?

Whenever people go to buy a player from say spurs people say “buying from levy isn’t cheap” because he’s earned a reputation.

We need to earn a reputation and make sure it’s the right one

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We where linked earlier in the window and it seems to be very close the the price we have bid for Bruno

If it is us (I don't think it is) would mean they have probably moved on for Bruno, as you don't bid for 2 players at the same time surely

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

When did it become allowed to speak to the player before the club? Thought that was against some regulation, or at least used to be.

Seems we're being constantly shafted by the clubs after spending time convincing the player first. Looks a little counter-productive, especially as unsettling the player doesn't seem to have the desired effect anyway. The clubs won't budge.

You're always going to ask the agent if theirs's interest before putting in a bid though, which will likely include a idea of the wage you'd be prepared to pay.  I think there's a difference between doing that and literally sitting down with the player and negotiating a contract before putting in a bid.

22 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’m nearly 50, born in Newcastle and supported them all my life - getting the chance to get carried away doesn’t happen that often so maybe I have gone a little crazy.

Never won a decent trophy since 1968 , Alan Weeks commentator ,our time has come .

Jeremiah St. Juste from Mainz according to Sky Germany.

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/fsv-mainz-transfer-news-sky-info-newcastle-an-st-juste-interessiert/12526832/35311

According to Sky information, Newcastle United are committed to Mainz defender Jeremiah St. Juste. The transfer window is on the final straight. Newcastle in particular is still extremely busy at the moment and wants to implement a few more transfers. A Bundesliga cracker could be there. According to Sky Infos, the Magpies are interested in St. Juste from Mainz 05. Discussions between the clubs are already underway. Whether there will be an agreement is still completely open. Mainz, however, is ready to talk. Newcastle apparently has to transfer around 15 million euros to Rheinhessen to sign the 25-year-old defender.

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Watching this guy's clips he looks like he could be the alternative we've turned to after Diego Carlos didn't pan out, as his style looks very similar. Really aggressive, all action defending. 

Fast as fuck and plays like Pavard. Sign him.

St. Juste did become the league's quickest player for the 2020/21 season. Maturing as a defender and winning more and more of his challenges in Mainz's strong second half of the campaign, he hit a top speed of 22.43 mph

St. Juste was given licence to roam at Feyenoord, and could often be be seen joining the attack in central areas in a manner typically associated with a box-to-box midfielder. His versatility has enabled him to make the transition from right- to centre-back at Mainz, drawing favourable comparisons with Bundesliga contemporary Benjamin Pavard - Bayern's French World Cup winner.

6 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Fast as fuck and plays like Pavard. Sign him.

St. Juste did become the league's quickest player for the 2020/21 season. Maturing as a defender and winning more and more of his challenges in Mainz's strong second half of the campaign, he hit a top speed of 22.43 mph

St. Juste was given licence to roam at Feyenoord, and could often be be seen joining the attack in central areas in a manner typically associated with a box-to-box midfielder. His versatility has enabled him to make the transition from right- to centre-back at Mainz, drawing favourable comparisons with Bundesliga contemporary Benjamin Pavard - Bayern's French World Cup winner.

A box-to-box central defender?!🤪

Why not...😄