More transfer rumours

midds

I think every one of us would have liked another forward and can totally understand the 'where are the goals coming from?' question, it's a legitimate concern and question tbh. I think we've been far too reliant on individuals (Wilson and ASM) bailing the team out of the shit despite having minimal chances and possession. We've pinned our hopes on a couple of players for that long that we've forgotten that it's a team game and all of our players are capable of scoring goals. 

In theory, the new players should mean more possession of the ball in better areas, that should mean we create more opportunities, get more bodies into the box. More crosses, more corners, more height at set pieces, more shots on target, moving the entire play 20 yards up the pitch and spreading the goals out like normal teams do. Yeah, I'd love another £35m striker but they've all got a responsibility to share the load out between them. Looking at Fraser, ASM, Willock, Wood, Wilson getting half a dozen each, Burn could get a couple. It's not about 1 or 2 carrying the team, the team needs to step it up and look to get forward rather than playing it safe and not taking any chances at all. 

Spending £90m on the team and having it function in exactly the same way it did under Bruce is unthinkable now. That's where the goals need to come from now. 

I do think Wood is a bit of a streak type of striker, I’d love it if he got a brace of headers against Everton, or even one, I think it could set him up, a bit like Demba Ba when he first scored. I know he scored for New Zealand the other day. We are relying on him, however, and it’s worrying they seem to have failed to bring in a recognised top quality striker IMO at least a quality attacking midfielder.

1 minute ago, midds said:

I think every one of us would have liked another forward and can totally understand the 'where are the goals coming from?' question, it's a legitimate concern and question tbh. I think we've been far too reliant on individuals (Wilson and ASM) bailing the team out of the shit despite having minimal chances and possession. We've pinned our hopes on a couple of players for that long that we've forgotten that it's a team game and all of our players are capable of scoring goals. 

In theory, the new players should mean more possession of the ball in better areas, that should mean we create more opportunities, get more bodies into the box. More crosses, more corners, more height at set pieces, more shots on target, moving the entire play 20 yards up the pitch and spreading the goals out like normal teams do. Yeah, I'd love another £35m striker but they've all got a responsibility to share the load out between them. Looking at Fraser, ASM, Willock, Wood, Wilson getting half a dozen each, Burn could get a couple. It's not about 1 or 2 carrying the team, the team needs to step it up and look to get forward rather than playing it safe and not taking any chances at all. 

Do you have faith that they will step it up is more the question though, and if yes, please give me the same faith.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Top post.

Just now, Sifu said:

Zapata link pretty much dismissed on Sky.

And yet an hour or so one of their guys was saying we are not giving up on him, you couldn’t make it up. Well they clearly do, shameless :lol:

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I do think Wood is a bit of a streak type of striker, I’d love it if he got a brace of headers against Everton, or even one, I think it could set him up, a bit like Demba Ba when he first scored. I know he scored for New Zealand the other day. We are relying on him, however, and it’s worrying they seem to have failed to bring in a recognised top quality striker IMO at least a quality attacking midfielder.

I read a lot on Burnley forums and it seems he often scores his goals in the 2nd half of the season.

For me a "very very good" window, adding that extra forward player would have made it an "excellent" one. Difference between an 8, 8.5 out of 10 and a 9, 9.5.

Think we've done all we can and considering the deliberate dickhead behaviour of some clubs in negotiations we've strengthened lots of key areas.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Do you have faith that they will step it up is more the question though, and if yes, please give me the same faith.

I've got no idea what will happen tbh, I hope they can. I'm invested again and I absolutely want it to happen but there's never any guarantees but I'll be watching to find out. 

If I wasn't I'd not be posting and I'd have checked out long ago tbh :thup:

Just now, Pilko said:

For me a "very very good" window, adding that extra forward player would have made it an "excellent" one. Difference between an 8, 8.5 out of 10 and a 9, 9.5.

Think we've done all we can and considering the deliberate dickhead behaviour of some clubs in negotiations we've strengthened lots of key areas.

Spot on imo.  They've done their best and we have signed 2 outstanding possibly world class players and 3 solid premier league players that are better than what we have (Wilson is better than Wood however)

An attacking player would be amazing and we do need it but we can't fault the owners as they have done their best.  Maybe Ekitike aside after comments but they might have had other stuff lined up that failed.