More transfer rumours

midds

8 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

Would this not directly weaken Everton ? depending on how much we would pay for him.

It's obviously not the main reason you should sign someone up but shouldn't we be looking to skim off some of the cream from those below/around us as we push upwards, i'm thinking Phillips/DCL/Tarkowski/Sarr/Bissouma ect. not advocating signing all of them but there is some merit in raiding those around us. 

I've got a very strong suspicion Tarkowski is a done deal and they're waiting until the end of the season to announce it - particularly awkward given his final game for Burnley will be at home against us

Edited by Raconteur

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

I've got a very strong suspicion Tarkowski is a done deal and they're waiting until the end of the season to announce it - particularly awkward given his final game for Burnley will be at home against us

Fuck no. No better than what we have now.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Apart from the toe injury he’s not had any long layoffs?

F205D7D5-0191-4B37-A583-30341922BD9E.jpeg

He's only made 14 appearances this season though, which is pretty poor.  I understand what you're saying, it might just be one bad season, but it would be a risk on our part.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

From April 2022:

https://theathletic.com/news/everton-striker-dominic-calvert-lewin-to-miss-merseyside-derby-with-quad-injury/DcAKcvcWUWN3/

“Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin will miss Everton’s next two games after picking up a quad injury in training.

Calvert-Lewin has already missed large chunks of the campaign with injury, suffering hamstring and toe issues.“

so he’s had hamstring issues last year AND this season. 

Surely we would trust our medical departments to assess his injury record and predict future likelihood of injury.

My brain always goes to Eddie Howe and what a fantastic coach he is. I love the potential of him with bright young players.

DCL is one of those who needs a fresh start. Besides, if it doesn't work out, we could probably recoup 1/4 of what we buy him for.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

According to this he’s missed the same number of games this season as Haaland. Wonder if anyone thinks that should put Man City off?

1 minute ago, SteV said:

According to this he’s missed the same number of games this season as Haaland. Wonder if anyone thinks that should put Man City off?

DCL has played 15 times and scored 3. Haaland has played 29 times and scored 28. 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

The biggest one being a similar sort of injury to Trippier. Best sign a new right-back too just in case. ;)

37 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

DCL is great. It’s only his ( and our) injury record I’m worried about

His injury record is nothing on note really. One freak toe fracture and Everton rushing him back too soon. I imagine he'd be fine if he moved up north.

Just now, Manxst said:

DCL has played 15 times and scored 3. Haaland has played 29 times and scored 28. 

DCL walking back into a mess of a team though. Shearer scored 2 in about 20 after a far more serious injury but came back absolutely fine in the end.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Man City have scored 94 league goals this season without Haaland, even if he comes in and flops, they will be just fine without him. We on the other hand don’t have such luxuries atm and need the striker signing to stay fit and score the goals.

Guest HTT II

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but I’d have DCL, he’s dynamic, great in the air, young and can play a variety of roles. 

Just now, HTT II said:

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but I’d have DCL, he’s dynamic, great in the air, young and can play a variety of roles. 

What do you mean by a variety of roles ? He’s and out and out striker from what I have seen.