More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Are we in danger of having too many Brazilian players in our starting XI?! Could genuinely have 6 starters  if we sign Lodi, Paqueta, Raphinia, Jesus. :lol:

Genuinely tell if the 'Jesus' at the end is reference to Jesus the player or is the expression 'Jesus!'.

edit:

Read posts above now, see was the former :lol:

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Are we in danger of having too many Brazilian players in our starting XI?! Could genuinely have 6 starters  if we sign Lodi, Paqueta, Raphinia, Jesus. :lol:

No chance we’ll sign Jesus or Raphinha, and Targett is much more likely than Lodi imo (not both). Paqueta is the likeliest link. 

11 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I know this is a tongue in cheek comment but what are the rules about homegrown players these days? How many do we need in the squad?

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I know this is a tongue in cheek comment but what are the rules about homegrown players these days? How many do we need in the squad?

Didnt Shakhtar Donetsk have a ton of Brazilians in their starting lineup for a champions league game? Regarding homegrown players think you need to have at least 8 in your 25 man squad

3 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Just after the 14 minute mark in Howe's pre Burnley presser he's asked about Henderson and, while dismissing the suggestion we are close to signing anyone, he says 'we're not at any advanced stage with that'. I wonder if this was a slight slip which reveals we are in for Henderson? Watched it a couple of times and cant be sure if he's speaking generally or specifically about a Henderson deal.

Link to press conference: https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-burnley-a-media-briefing-21-22/

There is no way he will say anything other than downplaying before the last game is out of the way. So wouldn't be surprised if it was a slip. Seems like someone we wanted in January and seems like a loan might be possible. 

6 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Mods can we have a sticky of everyone we are linked to this summer please. 

There's no way we can afford that sort of bandwidth 

10 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Mods can we have a sticky of everyone we are linked to this summer please. 

Depends what you mean by linked. Are you talking "I was talking to a taxi driver......." type link, football insider type site site or Daily Heil ? 

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

First time I've seen him linked 

"Albeit perhaps not the calibre of the star-studded name many might be expecting Newcastle to target in the upcoming window, Veretout’s vast top-flight experience across Europe would help to take Eddie Howe’s side to the next level.

This season, the versatile star has directly contributed to 14 goals in 48 appearances under Jose Mourinho, earning an impressive 7.13 average match rating in the process whilst making 1.5 key passes, winning 2.6 duels and taking 46.3 touches on average per league game (Sofascore).

Valued at £19.80million and under contract until 2024 (Transfermarkt), Veretout presents an affordable and astute option as Newcastle boss Howe attempts to freshen up the midfield department."

He’s been brilliant over there hasn’t he? Would be interesting to see if it’s a case of him coming to the Premier League too early (plus being in a shite team) and he’d come back better for it, or if Serie A just suits him better. 

13 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

Just after the 14 minute mark in Howe's pre Burnley presser he's asked about Henderson and, while dismissing the suggestion we are close to signing anyone, he says 'we're not at any advanced stage with that'. I wonder if this was a slight slip which reveals we are in for Henderson? Watched it a couple of times and cant be sure if he's speaking generally or specifically about a Henderson deal.

Link to press conference: https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-burnley-a-media-briefing-21-22/

I read a write-up of another one where he says something like: "I obviously don't want to comment on every individual player we're linked with this summer but in this case it's not true"

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I recall us being linked in January. Good player.

We were linked when he arrived at and then left Villa iirc, and I wasn’t too enamoured with him coming to us. Seems to have progressed since he was playing in the PL in fairness- was maybe just the wrong time for England before.