More transfer rumours

midds

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The rule is different for European football, we'll need to have at least 4 players in the squad that have spent three years with us between 15 and 21, incomings won't count towards that (other than Toney maybe).

The only players in our current first team squad that meet the European homegrown rules are Dummett, Longstaff and Langley.

Yes sir, 100% true. I guess the question is as follows: "Is the squad being constructed with the assumption it's Europa League at least next year?

If yes, then that is a factor.

18 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The rule is different for European football, we'll need to have at least 4 players in the squad that have spent three years with us between 15 and 21, incomings won't count towards that (other than Toney maybe).

The only players in our current first team squad that meet the European homegrown rule are Dummett, Longstaff and Langley.

De bolle ?

16 minutes ago, madras said:

De bolle ?

I don't think he's in the first team squad, not on the club website anyway.

If/when we get into Europe we could just stick u21 players in the 25 man squad to meet the quota, but that would be wasting squad places if they're not up to actually playing.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Whatever happens with outgoings, I sincerely hope we have plans to develop the youth system and send a few out on loan.

Would like to see the Ashley apologist 'loan manager' given his P45 too. About as effective in that job as he was as a striker. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't think he's in the first team squad, not on the club website anyway.

If/when we get into Europe we could just stick u21 players in the 25 man squad to meet the quota, but that would be wasting squad places if they're not up to actually playing.

He's been on the bench a few times.

Can see c.150m being spent on:
A GK
A LB
A CB
A CM
A Winger
A CF

That leaves us plenty of wiggle room next year if we qualify for Europa League and probably allows us to move 7-8 on and have a decent enough 25 man squad.

7 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Can see c.150m being spent on:
A GK
A LB
A CB
A CM
A Winger
A CF

That leaves us plenty of wiggle room next year if we qualify for Europa League and probably allows us to move 7-8 on and have a decent enough 25 man squad.

I presume that's including a couple of loans, because If we want 6 players for those positions, of the required quality and on full transfers, then it's going to cost a lot more than 150 million

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I presume that's including a couple of loans, because If we want 6 players for those positions, of the required quality and on full transfers, then it's going to cost a lot more than 150 million

My maths says it would work out to be 25m each player - considering Henderson, Ekitike, Raphina, every striker cost more than that... yeah! A lot more.

Outgoings might add up to perhaps 30m, raising the average to only 30m.

Yep - both real valid points. I do think it'll be c.150m net, closer to 175m total.
I was focussing on the earlier posts stating that 200m would count towards 68m or so in FFP terms? I could honestly see it being this high IF the right players come along (i.e. Phillips, Paqueta, Botman etc).

My guestimate considers triggering Targett's 12m fee (we've already paid 3m?).
I don't think we're in the run in for Raphina to be honest, and don't see us paying 30-40m for Henderson, personally -- despite the rumours.

Given the above we'd be looking at:
GB - 25m
LB - 12m
CB - 30m
CM - 35m
Winger/AM - 40m
CF - 30m (rumoured Ekitike fee)

All pie in the sky until we get 1 or 2 signatures and we can see the way we're heading. Still, it's great fun to be in this position! 

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

My list

1. Paqueta 60m

2. Lodi 30m

3. Targett 15m

4. Dennis 15m

5. Sarr 30m

6. Diego Carlos 35m

7. Henderson loan

Emmanuel Dennis isn't the Nigerian striker I'd want in this window :bluestar:. Also, Carlos is too old now to command such a fee. We've been linked to loads others who are younger - Botman, Badashile, N'Dicka amongst others - and most are around that 35 million price tag too.

I reckon we'll get a striker, one other and someone on a free early(ish) then we'll wait and see how things pan out later on in the window. Some players may become available that aren't currently and I think we might look to use the loan market again too. Plus we've got a lot of deadwood to shift.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I reckon we'll get a striker, one other and someone on a free early(ish) then we'll wait and see how things pan out later on in the window. Some players may become available that aren't currently and I think we might look to use the loan market again too. Plus we've got a lot of deadwood to shift.

The deadwood will hopefully go early however the likes of Hayden have contracts until 2026

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

Wonder who will get peddled out of Manquillo and Krafth for the second RB slot? I would rather keep both of them than Dummett, and Krafth as the right hand side utility over Dummett, but then Dummett fills a home grown spot up as well, so understand going with him. I 

Think Manquillo will leave as Krafth can cover RCB in a back three.

55 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Emmanuel Dennis isn't the Nigerian striker I'd want in this window :bluestar:. Also, Carlos is too old now to command such a fee. We've been linked to loads others who are younger - Botman, Badashile, N'Dicka amongst others - and most are around that 35 million price tag too.

The reason I go for Dennis is because he could also play on the wing. I don’t think we can sign a striker significantly better than Wilson this window and so I prefer to sign someone who can also play on the wing. I wouldn’t mind Etikite but PSG is after him and I ain’t optimistic.

For the CB position I want to go for someone with pace to partner with Dan. N’Dicka is fine. Botman is Milan bound and I ain’t sure about Badashile. Carlos is my preference just because Sevilla is willing to sell. If we could get N’Dicka we should go for him instead.

9 hours ago, toon25 said:

Whatever happens with outgoings, I sincerely hope we have plans to develop the youth system and send a few out on loan.

Would like to see the Ashley apologist 'loan manager' given his P45 too. About as effective in that job as he was as a striker. 

based on what?