More transfer rumours

midds

I don’t know why people make assumptions about what Eriksen wants - the man had a near fatal incident, and was given a second chance at a career everyone told him was over. Who knows if trophies and fat cheques are important - the man might very well be happy playing at Brentford if he likes the lads and he’s grateful to them for the second chance at a career… 

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would fall back in love with the club again. Probably my favourite player at the moment. In a better team I’d say he could be on par with Mahrez and with higher work rate. 

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

BBC rumours says Leeds have valued Raphinha at £65m - I don’t know if we’ll push the boat that far out…?

If we were going to push the boat out for anyone this window I think Raphinha would be the perfect choice. Proven to be one of the best players in the premier league and a big role in the very strong Brazilian national side.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

If we were going to push the boat out for anyone this window I think Raphinha would be the perfect choice. Proven to be one of the best players in the premier league and a big role in the very strong Brazilian national side.

I agree wholeheartedly, but it’s up to Dan. Here’s hoping.

On 22/06/2022 at 12:03, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed - though I have to say I'm entertained by the rumours being put out by Ekitike's agent (who I'm not convinced is very good at his or her job).  Real Madrid are the latest 'interested' in him.  Funny how none of these clubs are actually willing to bid on a player they're all desperate to sign who has a contract offer on the table which he could sign any minute.

It's not even subtle at this point.  Even if the lad signs, we're going to have fun with his knacker agent.  Reminds me of Anelka more than anything - though by the same age Anelka was a full French international and had won the double at Arsenal, so I'm definitely talking about the knacker agent rather than conspicuous talent.

And the agent has caused us to (correctly) pull out.  Honestly, this one is for the best for me. 

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’ll end up at Man Utd, I imagine. They’ll offer higher wages and are obviously the more attractive proposition.

You know given the close call he’s had, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he stayed. Or at least him being more likely to choose something that works for him and his family, rather than being driven by trophies, status or money.  

55 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I don’t know why people make assumptions about what Eriksen wants - the man had a near fatal incident, and was given a second chance at a career everyone told him was over. Who knows if trophies and fat cheques are important - the man might very well be happy playing at Brentford if he likes the lads and he’s grateful to them for the second chance at a career… 

Sorry, didn’t see this. Posted pretty much the same. 

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

Thanks Hope, can you do the same article on another 100 players that fall into that category.    Newcastle and Neymar......they like him............

:lol: I mean it is stating the obvious somewhat. I'm sure we like Phillips as well but since Man City are talking about signing him, links with us are a bit pointless.

Guest HTT II

We are clearly working on one deal at a time, which is understandable given the goalposts can and will change and we can’t put all our eggs in one basket. I expect after Pope, we will go in heavy on another player, the French kid and Botman are Jan deals we kind of had almost tied up. 

Eriksen latest: 

Us 6/4 favourites

brentford 2/1

man U 3/1

Not a lot in it and the change from 3/1 to 6/4 is most likely just due to money placed but think we are definitely in for him 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Eriksen would be a total game changer 

I can’t wait for the inevitable what do you make of the lack of defibrillators in Saudi Arabia questions… 

Obviously Eriksen is a top player, but I’m not sure where he fits in. I would have thought that we got in Bruno for his type of role. I guess a free transfer makes sense in terms of budget, but I’d be hoping he’s just an extra player on top of four or five being brought in

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

Joe, Bruno and Ericksen would be sexay

Really would be. The sophisticated guile and skill of Eriksen alongside Bruno's combativeness and creativity, complemented by the ultra-physical snarling shithouse that is wor Joe. Woof. Then there's Willock with his pace and tenacity off the bench. 

Yes please. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Really would be. The sophisticated guile and skill of Eriksen alongside Bruno's combativeness and creativity, complemented by the ultra-physical snarling shithouse that is wor Joe. Woof. Then there's Willock with his pace and tenacity off the bench. 

Yes please. 

:lol: