More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

At this stage of our journey I defo would rather be the Borussia Dortmund or RB Leipzig model than the PSG / Man City model. 

Agree 100%

We also have an advantage over Dortmund & Leipzig in that we are in the Premier League.

Obviously in the position we are now that isn't enough but if we can consistently offer European and Premier League football, it gives us a better chance than those two clubs of holding on to our talented players. 

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

On the drink up town this afternoon so printed out some anxiety surveys to fully gauge the transfer induced stress levels through out the city. I'm currently at debilitating myself but hoping that a few pints and some solid transfer rumours might get me down to severe.

Anxiety-Scale-From-Minimal-To-Debilitating.jpg

I'm at 4. Severe. Was going to go out to the local today but I just cannot face it. Think that falls nicely under the "Isolation" bit. I'm just gunna shut the curtains and go to bed. God I Hope we sign someone soon.

11 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

On the drink up town this afternoon so printed out some anxiety surveys to fully gauge the transfer induced stress levels through out the city. I'm currently at debilitating myself but hoping that a few pints and some solid transfer rumours might get me down to severe.

Anxiety-Scale-From-Minimal-To-Debilitating.jpg

I'm in at about 0.5, checking for transfers slightly more than usual, no feelings of anxiety, able to get things done (in a manner, I'm a lazy git), no physical symptoms.

I know a couple of 2s, one mate and one  workmate.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I think for Burnley; the concerns aren’t ffp. They are cash flow, iirc Burnley we’re bought using loans and likely with business plan which involved being in the premier league. 

I agree.  I also think that for Burnley the cash flow is a bigger issue than FFP.

Since Burnley paid for factoring then they almost certainly would’ve accepted a lower fee.  It would have been worse for us from a cash perspective but better from FFP, and if FFP is our only financial constraint then we should’ve taken the hit and given a shareholder loan to the club if required.

I’m sure there’s a good reason we structured it in instalment, I’m just struggling to think of why.

Overall I think we should be doing everything to keep our FFP burden as low as possible.

I’m not suggesting in any way that we should do this, especially such a professional organisation like PIF, but even thinking of things like giving say Neymar a percentage of the club ownership (but no seat) as a signing bonus.  Obviously that particular scenario probably wouldn’t work as there would be a monetary value of the shares but you could also argue that there is no direct cost to the club other than the legal fees.

52 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

How’s it interesting in itself you slaphead doylem?

Presumably because it's 2-3 months later and the interest is still there, or that it's been that long and nothing's further forward.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Presumably because it's 2-3 months later and the interest is still there, or that it's been that long and nothing's further forward.

I mean, he’s one of a number of names right? He wasn’t the first choice so it makes no sense to just go in and negotiate with them. 

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Unless I'm misreading it, the paperwork lodged at CH is Burnley taking out a loan and using the future installments in the Pope transfer as collateral - basically "You know we can pay this loan off because we're getting these payments over the next three years".

Seems to me that if they'd got the £10m up-front they'd have been better off. 

They did the same with the installments due on Chris Wood's transfer fee.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-accounts-macquarie-bank-pace-23880335

32 minutes ago, KDT said:

If we’re looking at someone to play across the front line and wide we could do worse than looking at Martin Terrier of Rennes. 

Does he snap at defenders heels?

Guest HTT II
36 minutes ago, KDT said:

If we’re looking at someone to play across the front line and wide we could do worse than looking at Martin Terrier of Rennes. 

He’s a very dogged player with a bit of a bark about him up front, seems he has some pedigree about him too. Mind, he could turn out a chum in our league!

53 minutes ago, KDT said:

Would prefer Kasper Dolberg from Nice. Would be good to have a Great Dane up front.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Was thinking about him as a candidate yesterday. Remember he had a scary moment on the field a year ago or something.

[emoji38] It's incredibly unlikely that we sign Paqueta. Although those who keep suggesting it clearly arent listening to reason.

We aren't spending 40m on a CM this window when we are refusing to spend that on a striker.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

[emoji38] It's incredibly unlikely that we sign Paqueta. Although those who keep suggesting it clearly arent listening to reason.

We aren't spending 40m on a CM this window when we are refusing to spend that on a striker.

Well one would be straight into the starting XI, the other quite possibly wouldn't.

Edited by madras

12 minutes ago, STM said:

It really is mental. 

I cannot see how it's mental at all.

We play a 4-3-3 with 1 centre forward, and as we've seen in recent years teams don't always need a goalscoring number 9, especially if they can play with inside forwards. The fact Howe mentioned Maxi as being able to play there suggests he wouldn't be against doing the same.