More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

It sounds like we're being absolutely insufferable to deal with. I know it's miles away from Ashley in the sphere of operation but the bidding tactics seem painfully similar.

40 million is a good opening offer 

I wouldn't trust the figures being bandied about in the press for one thing. With any kind of negotiation, it's brinkmanship and both sides need to be able to claim a 'win'.

Besides, I think you need a reputation as being tough to deal with, and only paying what you think something is worth. Otherwise you end up with Will Grigg.

16 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It sounds like we're being absolutely insufferable to deal with. I know it's miles away from Ashley in the sphere of operation but the bidding tactics seem painfully similar.

The regularity with which the new owners have been compared to Mike Ashley on here is incredibly disturbing.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The more I think about this. The more I’m annoyed.  We keep bidding under the value of the players we want in attacking positions.  

Who sets a value though some ones only worth what some one else is willing to pay.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The more I think about this. The more I’m annoyed.  We keep bidding under the value of the players we want in attacking positions.  

Maybe it's time to log out of NO/Twitter for a bit? There's enough to get annoyed about out there without football adding to it.

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Who sets a value though some ones only worth what some one else is willing to pay.

Leicester not selling him for £40m. 

I wouldn’t mind if we had not bid for Harrison about 10-20m less than what Leeds would sell for and seemingly just moved on. 

Now we’ve offered the money Leeds would want for Harrison, for someone that is likely to cost £15m more.