More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

So with CM sorted, a CB or two should be next on the list. Any of a LB, CAM or ST would be the icing on the cake.

Ideally a CB, LB and an attacking player (ST/CF/CAM) as you say but I'm hoping for another CM as well tbh. However I don't see us signing 4 more before 11pm Monday.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

We should stick with a 3 man midfield. 

Bruno playing deepest with Wilock and Joelinton ahead of him. (On the basis Wilock plays like he did in the second half of the Leeds game)

That would be good, can't see Howe dropping Shelvey though unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Only seen that Bruno on YouTube, obviously he looks absolutely amazing but would a midfield of him and Shelvey protect the back four enough or should we be going for a more defensive midfielder to partner Bruno? (I realise that Howe likes Shelvey though and this is unlikely)

I'll try and dig out the chart, but Guimaraes' work rate and tackling arw excellent, but I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at another CM.

We need to sign some attacking end product now, whether it's goals or assists. Preferably both.

Wide players and a quality #10, to replace the likes of Ritchie, Murphy, Fraser and Almiron, are absolutely essential

Just now, The Prophet said:

Seems after originally trying to get a high profile centre back and a less inspiring central midfielder (to be upgraded in the summer), we're now going to do the opposite. No complaints here.

Midfield is our most pressing issue tbh.  Half teh reason the CB's look so gash is because they are massivelly exposed.

A lot of articles on our transfers seem to suggest we are putting a high price on Premier League experience, but then linking us to Rodon (13 PL games) and Nat Phillips (17 PL games).  Personally I'd rather take a chance on player with a higher ceiling than those two.

Just now, Hughesy said:

A lot of articles on our transfers seem to suggest we are putting a high price on Premier League experience, but then linking us to Rodon (13 PL games) and Nat Phillips (17 PL games).  Personally I'd rather take a chance on player with a higher ceiling than those two.

We tried that but Lille wouldn’t sell so if we stay up we will revisit in the summer.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Seems after originally trying to get a high profile centre back and a less inspiring central midfielder (to be upgraded in the summer), we're now going to do the opposite. No complaints here.

I’d go as far to say if the Bruno one is complete, attacking additions become more important than cbs this month.

We're currently on a 2/10 Transferometer rating from me. Bruno would take it to 4/10, Burn to 5/10, and Bakker to 6/10.

I'm going to need an exciting right-sided CB and a second striker in the Zapata/Nunez mould to hit the big 10. If we end up with the equivalent of Phillips and Lingard instead, I'll top out at an 8.

Trippier, Carlos, Botman, Digne, Guimaraes, and Zapata/Nunez would've been off the scale.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

We're currently on a 2/10 Transferometer rating from me. Bruno would take it to 4/10, Burn to 5/10, and Bakker to 6/10.

I'm going to need an exciting right-sided CB and a second striker in the Zapata/Nunez mould to hit the big 10. If we end up with the equivalent of Phillips and Lingard instead, I'll top out at an 8.

Trippier, Carlos, Botman, Digne, Guimaraes, and Zapata/Nunez would've been off the scale.

4 after Bruno seems harsh IMO. Going to sound like ManDoon here now, but CM was the number one priority for me going into the window, and to get someone of his quality could literally change the entire look of the team.

The quality of Bruno and Trippier is far better than we deserve, considering where we are in the league. Wood, while massively overpriced, was a canny short term signing that we were desperate for.

It's probably a 6 out of 10 for me, rising to an 8 if we get a good CB and LB. Add a Lingard/striker and we're closing in on the 9s and 10s

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think 4 is a little low considering the quality of Trippier and Bruno, but aye agree with the rest.