More transfer rumours

midds

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Lodi would be an incredible signing - a remarkable transfer if it comes off .

I also wonder if it might in some ways explain the extension to Dummett’s deal - Lodi signing would mean no Targett deal I’d assume, so we’d need to ensure we have back-up LBs.  The squad will bulk out over time, but given the need to strengthen elsewhere, it’s hard to see them spending a hefty chunk of the budget getting in two LBs. 

Would Lewis still have a future?

2 hours ago, sempuki said:

Would Lewis still have a future?

Howe did say he wants to look at him again in pre season and that he had a rough year with long term injuries. Could definitely see him being an option to stay as back up. It seems Howe rates Krafth over manquillo though so it would be Manq or Lewis. Not convinced Dummett can play LB anymore.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Howe did say he wants to look at him again in pre season and that he had a rough year with long term injuries. Could definitely see him being an option to stay as back up. It seems Howe rates Krafth over manquillo though so it would be Manq or Lewis. Not convinced Dummett can play LB anymore.

I’d happily see Lewis given a chance - but if Howe doesn’t fancy him, that’s ok with me

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

A difference in distribution there, but only because Dubs hits it long more than Schmeichel.

Does banging a big boot onto the head of Chris Wood who flicks it to nobody count as an accurate long pass?

10 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

Schmeichel would be good.

Lingard would have been good in January but not now.

Tarkowski is gash.

Schmeichel it's all about what price for me he's 35 years old. Could be a bargain or could be overpriced.

15 hours ago, STM said:

What he actually says is that he needs to make sure there is the correct balance.

I agree that it seems unlikely that he will bring in a 35 year old keeper AND a 29 year old defender though but we don't know what the club has planned in other areas.

He was very precise with his language and made a point of saying it was very position dependent as well which may mean that we’re comfortable with an older keeper for a while.

FWIW I think he’d be a great fit personality wise as well. 

Would have 2 strikers rather the a new striker and a keeper. 

Ekitike and the Arsenal lad i dont remember his name, or Isak. We need good pace and flair. 

Edited by BigValley

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for sharing WM. 

not sure why Reims would agree to such a deal but fingers crossed. 

In this case, if there is basically an obligation to buy then maybe it wouldn't make much difference to Reims. It would be a sale in all but name.

It might be unrelated, but I read an article recently that Newcastle would be trying lots of inventive ways to stretch FFP. 

And another brief reference in the Times saying that one club (unnamed) would be backloading deals. I.e., relatively low up front sales, but loaded with incentives so that the fee was likely to increase retrospectively in future years of the contract.

The idea being that, in future years with a higher profile and more successful team, other revenues would have increased to offset it and therefore mean that FFP wasn't an issue.

The article didn't say that it was us doing that, but in a way it doesn't matter. Because, completely speculating here, I could definitely see us doing that.

It might be a risk for some clubs to gamble on that kind of growth, but with PIF's backing you'd have to think that growing our name and commercial income is very much part of their medium and long term plans.

Long and short of it is that things like this kind of loan deal would fit with that kind of strategy. [Speculation ends.]