More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I keep seeing this talk of Paqueta in a midfield 3. Whilst I agree he would be a fantastic signing, he wouldn't fit into a midfield 3 the way we currently play it. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1 then he could absolutely play anywhere across that 3 behind the striker.

If you were to try and fit him into our current system he's likely take the place of Fraser or ASM. 

How so? He's hard working, strong and has played loads of games as a center mid both for Lyon and Milan. He'd be a massive improvement on Willock in the current system, if that is what Howe will continue with next season.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I keep seeing this talk of Paqueta in a midfield 3. Whilst I agree he would be a fantastic signing, he wouldn't fit into a midfield 3 the way we currently play it. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1 then he could absolutely play anywhere across that 3 behind the striker.

If you were to try and fit him into our current system he's likely take the place of Fraser or ASM. 

That's not entirely true. I do agree that the best of him would be in a 4-2-3-1 in the role behind the striker, he doesn't work as a winger at all though. That being said, he's been tried a few times for the national team in a midfield two and has done well there in a box-to-box role. I'm confident that with a DM and Bruno next to him or behind him would work perfectly.

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I think the way we currently play is dictated by the limitations of the players abilities tbh. 

You'll see a different style of play altogether next season. 

The biggest thing we could do this summer is to sign a proper DM - build the rest of the team around this position - I see Bruno covering this occasionally but looks like he’ll be more advanced 

33 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Howe has always preferred 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. The fact that he has been insisting on getting Ekitike since January somehow implies he wants to go back to this formation, and that means we will only have 2 midfielders? Just wondering. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Cornet available for £17.5 million if Burnley go down.

He was on my shortlist - that's a good price if we end up spending a load on CB, CM and a striker - but I thought he played on the right and it turns out he's actually been playing on the left. I guess if someone chucked us £40m for ASM he'd be a ready-made replacement?

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Who do people prefer, Cornet or Sarr?

Seem to be linked a lot with Sarr, who I do like, Cornet does seem like more of a goal threat. 

Wouldn't want either. Out of all the teams going down/in relegation fight, Raphina is the only player I'd take.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Doubt we’ll sign Paqueta and Philips… as amazing as that would be.

feel like we’d sooner sign Paqueta and bring in someone cheaper from abroad for that role Phillips plays 

Christ imagine turning nose up at signing an england midfielder who helped us to our first europpean final for donkeys 12 months ago...Not saying wrong, I really like Philips but you could be right and for once I am not too worried if we miss someone we will try and sign someone else rather than the old 'well at least we tried' attitude.