More transfer rumours

midds

4 hours ago, SAK said:

Don’t know if the journo is reliable or not.

Very interesting. Had a heck of a first season in the Bundesliga last season, before being injured for the beginning of this one but then coming back strong. Not just a big lump at all, surprisingly agile, mobile and technically gifted albeit still good in the air.

Going into the last year of his contract from this summer too, and Howe did say we would be looking for players in that situation, as well as decent release clauses and quality free agents. Funnily enough we were linked with this guy a fair bit last summer but the story was MA wasn't willing to put up any money, so I believe Nickson thinks highly of him.

Newcastle are intensifying their interest in Manchester United and England goalkeeper Dean Henderson, 25. (Mirror)

Newcastle are interested in Reims striker Hugo Ekitike, 19, but Borussia Dortmund are also weighing up the Frenchman as a replacement for Erling Haaland. (Fabrizio Romano)

If the press/ITK's are to be believed we pretty much have the following in the bag:

• Lodi (LB)
  • Tarkowski (CB)
  • Ekitike (Wide Striker)

Would be a really solid start. Id hope we shift Lascelles, Clark and Fernandez and bring in a real top class CB. A pool of Tarkowski, Schar, New CB and Burn would be great.

Then top drawer Striker and AM. Still think we need a destroyer though. I just don't see us bringing in more than 6 though. 

The best thing with other club links to players like Ekitike is that for the first time, maybe ever I am not concerned if players turn us down. We will get someone else at a similar standard. Happy times are a coming.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Phillips, Bruno & Paqueta as a midfield 3 is pretty decent. 

Honestly feels like a midfield trio fit for a side with title challenging aspirations.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Phillips, Bruno & Paqueta as a midfield 3 is pretty decent. 

I keep seeing this talk of Paqueta in a midfield 3. Whilst I agree he would be a fantastic signing, he wouldn't fit into a midfield 3 the way we currently play it. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1 then he could absolutely play anywhere across that 3 behind the striker.

If you were to try and fit him into our current system he's likely take the place of Fraser or ASM. 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I keep seeing this talk of Paqueta in a midfield 3. Whilst I agree he would be a fantastic signing, he wouldn't fit into a midfield 3 the way we currently play it. If we switch to a 4-2-3-1 then he could absolutely play anywhere across that 3 behind the striker.

If you were to try and fit him into our current system he's likely take the place of Fraser or ASM. 

if we play a midfield 3 - he would play on the right of it 

I think he can play in a 4-3-3 and a 4-2-3-1

to get the very best out of him then he’s a 10 - but he’s so adaptable he can play anywhere in a midfield role