More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Hopefully!

He played his part over the years but our project is on a different level to this guy these days.

I wish him well for the future.

Come on Toons!

We could feasibly get 5-10 million combined for Darlow and Woodman which should help towards Henderson or another new keeper. Keep Gillespie as third choice because his value is nil and you'd struggle to get another 3rd choice.

Outside of the we're probably struggling to get anything for the deadwood. Hayden is perhaps a £6-8 million player but he's off the back of injuries. Clark, Gayle, Ritchie, Hendrick, Fernandez you're basically looking at either nominal fees or subsidising their moves.

Hayden can absolutely fetch 5-7m imo, he's not as bad as people make out + he's english. For a team like Fulham surely it makes sense

Edited by Menace

I do feel weirdly quite sad about seeing Hayden, Gayle, Ritchie etc. go even though I don't rate any of them anymore and we're hopefully going on to much better things.

Including Targett, I think we'll sign about 7... Can see a GK, LB, CB, 2 midfielders (one being Paqueta), and 2 forwards (one of which at least will be able to play out wide). 5 of these will be first-team ready.

7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Still think we'll spend a minimum of 120M with at least half that on players announced on transfer window opening day.

This place will look like a plasterers radio.

There’s no need to wait for the transfer window to open if they already have deals lined up.

7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

with at least half that on players announced on transfer window opening day.

Wouldn't hold your breath on that part. Off the field we are still in the same position as Jan. Don't doubt we will get what we need, but considering our recruitment team is the same temporary one where everyone is wearing multiple hats whilst also handling transfers, I wouldn't expect things to move quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I do feel weirdly quite sad about seeing Hayden, Gayle, Ritchie etc. go even though I don't rate any of them anymore and we're hopefully going on to much better things.

Same. They’re not good enough now for where we want to be but they’ve been fantastic servants for the most part, usually during pretty dark days for the club. I always got the impression that this group of players genuinely gave a fuck, which isn’t something I can say about some others.

Edited by christ

22 minutes ago, Menace said:

Hayden can absolutely fetch 5-7m imo, he's not as bad as people make out + he's english. For a team like Fulham surely it makes sense

I think he would be a class signing for any of the promoted teams, think he is a good honest pro, served us well over the years. 

Like some have said based on the January dealings I have full confidence in the management and board to deliver. For example Wood served his purpose, I don't think he would have been an option if Wilson had not good injured but it was a shrewd move whilst being over priced did weaken a rival at the time. 

The Bruno fan boy in me would love to see us sign his pal Paqueta :)

Newcastle trying to persuade Lucas Paquetá to join

As reported by BUT, Newcastle United are trying to convince Lyon attacking midfielder Lucas Paquetá to join the club this summer.

Newcastle approached the player in January, when the Magpies were in relegation trouble, but the 24-year-old Brazilian was unconvinced. The English club, however, did sign fellow OL midfielder Bruno Guimarães, a great friend of Paquetá’s who has made no secret of his desire to see the Brazilians reunited at St. James’s Park.

Although PSG are also keen on the midfielder, Newcastle are hoping that they will be able to persuade the player to join them and again sent scouts to watch him in person during the 3-2 win over Nantes last weekend.

This from an OL forum seems eerily similar to a current nufc player...

"At the end of the disappointing season, he will have had 2 exceptional months where the whole of Europe was regularly talking about him.
Between the incessant round trips to Brazil, the departure of BG and Juni, his positioning, his dubious use by Pep' and above all his poor form for weeks... This season has been very, very disappointing. If we keep him one more season, I sincerely hope that he returns to midfield with a less creative but more orderly role instead of being this free electron who is more there to make the show. He remains a very good player who can delight the supporters and his club. But the number of times he lost the ball full axis after unnecessary dribbling was infuriating this year"

Edited by NE27

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Newcastle trying to persuade Lucas Paquetá to join

As reported by BUT, Newcastle United are trying to convince Lyon attacking midfielder Lucas Paquetá to join the club this summer.

Newcastle approached the player in January, when the Magpies were in relegation trouble, but the 24-year-old Brazilian was unconvinced. The English club, however, did sign fellow OL midfielder Bruno Guimarães, a great friend of Paquetá’s who has made no secret of his desire to see the Brazilians reunited at St. James’s Park.

Although PSG are also keen on the midfielder, Newcastle are hoping that they will be able to persuade the player to join them and again sent scouts to watch him in person during the 3-2 win over Nantes last weekend.

If he comes it could well see a change in formation and possibly Saint Max not being starting XI or even leaving.

Just now, madras said:

If he comes it could well see a change in formation and possibly Saint Max not being starting XI or even leaving.

They don't play in the same position. Paqueta's an AM and usually picks up possession more in the centre or on the right. 

Just now, madras said:

I have a feeling that subject to a suitable bid and whoever else we bring in this summer, that ASM is gone. Didn't look happy coming off yesterday.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Paqueta plays in the right half-space mainly. So there's room for him there in place of Almiron/Murphy/Fraser. Would do well in a 4-2-3-1 on the right of the 3 as well.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

They don't play in the same position. Paqueta's an AM and usually picks up possession more in the centre or on the right. 

What I mean is if he plays a 10, we go 442/4231/4411 and I don't think Saint Max has the discipline to do that defensively. As it is he's covered by Joe, with another more central player he'll have to do more of it himself.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Linked with Jack Harrison from Leeds in the Daily Mail.

Would be a very astute signing; another unheralded player (which seems to be our approach), the guy has 15 goals and 9 assists in 70 games for a poor Leeds side.

Edited by McCormick