More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, RealGoneKid said:

Cantwell = next Jon Dahl Tomasson

Yes, I can see the parallels between the Danish striker with European pedigree, a great goalscoring record but no PL experience and the English midfielder who has spent his entire life at Norwich [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, Fofana and Kamara can easily play in the same midfield as they are very different players

Just signing those two transforms our team tenfold 

I find it strange how the powers that be can’t see this

Cantwell is a bit like Ramsey for me. I'm fine with them coming in IF we also get another CM/DM. Plenty on here around a year ago that would have loved Cantwell here. He is potentially a project but knows the league, like Wood, and can make an impact. Would imagine we would sell Miggy to accomodate. As much as I still harbour hopes he gets back to the player we bought we might be forced to cash in on him as one of our few saleable assets (loosely using the word asset).

4 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Yes, I can see the parallels between the Danish striker with European pedigree, a great goalscoring record but no PL experience and the English midfielder who has spent his entire life at Norwich [emoji38]

I said from the start 2 CM. Even before CH or FB. Just always though we'd only go for one at most.

7 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Yes, I can see the parallels between the Danish striker with European pedigree, a great goalscoring record but no PL experience 

No PL experience? Apart from his 23 PL appearances? 

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Cantwell is a bit like Ramsey for me. I'm fine with them coming in IF we also get another CM/DM. Plenty on here around a year ago that would have loved Cantwell here. He is potentially a project but knows the league, like Wood, and can make an impact. Would imagine we would sell Miggy to accomodate. As much as I still harbour hopes he gets back to the player we bought we might be forced to cash in on him as one of our few saleable assets (loosely using the word asset).

This is me as well. I just think we've given enough chances to Miggy to show us some end product, so Cantwell would just be a straight swap for me, and that would immediately improve our squad. Almiron's probably quicker over the ground, but he has no idea how to put it to good use. 

17 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Jon Dahl played in the PL with us you complete mug 

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

This is me as well. I just think we've given enough chances to Miggy to show us some end product, so Cantwell would just be a straight swap for me, and that would immediately improve our squad. Almiron's probably quicker over the ground, but he has no idea how to put it to good use. 

Almiron is a sprinter not a football player

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Almiron is like a fairly simple, but happy Jack Russell up the park. Zooming around after a tennis ball with no coordination. 

If we get much better players in the center of the park and play Almiron in his best position (10), he will look 10x the player, not having to carry the burden all himself. 

There is a long list of players that need replacing before we get to Almiron. 

1 minute ago, RealGoneKid said:

Almiron is a sprinter not a football player

Other than Wilson (who is someone I always wanted here) I haven't been as delighted with a signing for us over the past 5 or so years. Thought he was an immense capture having watched him in the MLS, still think it's there but time is or has run out. Maybe it's a mental thing, too much lost in translation in tactics or what coaches want for him. Certainly confidence is a factor but playing him as a 10 is his best position and we haven't done that. His workrate is likely what will keep him here but I just wish we would give him a go at 10, properly. 

We would be delighted if we bought this Almiron now: (albeit the shite that MLS is)

Just now, toontownman said:

Other than Wilson (who is someone I always wanted here) I haven't been as delighted with a signing for us over the past 5 or so years. Thought he was an immense capture having watched him in the MLS, still think it's there but time is or has run out. Maybe it's a mental thing, too much lost in translation in tactics or what coaches want for him. Certainly confidence is a factor but playing him as a 10 is his best position and we haven't done that. His workrate is likely what will keep him here but I just wish we would give him a go at 10, properly. 

We would be delighted if we bought this Almiron now: (albeit the shite that MLS is)

Aye. :thup: He's also had his best games for us in terms of output and actual effect on the games themselves when in the 10, but he's hardly ever been played there. Handful of games when Bruce went to a back 4 between February 2020 and the West Ham draw at home post COVID. If he's not going to play in the 10 I'd rather we just sell him and he's utterly ineffective on the wing, as it pains me to say.

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

I couldn't see Almiron having the composure on the ball to be a good number 10 in a good league bar maybe Germany where there's loads of space

Well this is the thing, even if he's not officially playing at number 10, he's still found himself in great scoring situations in or around the penalty area, and he more often than not makes a hash of it. Regardless of the number on the back of your shirt, if you've got poor end product, I doubt playing in a slightly different position is going to fix that.