More transfer rumours

midds

I personally think DCL would be brilliant here. Yes he's had a bad season full of injury, but he's a monster physically and we've seen that once he gets his form he scores goals in the league. On par if not slightly better than Wilson for me

DCL is a completely different type of striker to Wilson so am not sure he fits into the style of play Howe wants us to play.  We've already a Target man in Wood - DCL doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Um ... so whatever you do, do not watch the 'Amadou Haidara - High Level of Technique' video on youtube, or you will not be able to get over this guy. My God!

If the rumours are ture and we're looking to sign Paqueta and Ekitike then i could see us looking to cash in on St Max this summer. Both those 2 look like they use the ball really well and also have that can beat a man x factor about them, where I think St Max is more exciting, but his ball usage  is lacking at times and sometimes tries 1 trick too many. I'd love to have all 3, but i dont think we're at the stage of having players of that quality not playing week in week out unless we switch to a 4-2-3-1.

4 minutes ago, M1tche said:

If the rumours are ture and we're looking to sign Paqueta and Ekitike then i could see us looking to cash in on St Max this summer. Both those 2 look like they use the ball really well and also have that can beat a man x factor about them, where I think St Max is more exciting, but his ball usage  is lacking at times and sometimes tries 1 trick too many. I'd love to have all 3, but i dont think we're at the stage of having players of that quality not playing week in week out unless we switch to a 4-2-3-1.

Do we need to cash in? He's prem quality at the very least.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do we need to cash in? He's prem quality at the very least.

I not doubting St Max's quality at all, I think he's class and hope he can also push onto the next a become a really top player. My point was in our current system having him, Ekitike and Paqueta 1 would have to ben on bench and they would rotate in and out as and when. We're not at the stage for that kind of luxury yet and could see any one of the 3 getting frustrated with the lack of game time. 

That's the obvious choice, but someone who seems quite highly rated, supposedly with a few decent options aswell coming to sit on the bench probably isnt something he's looking after a breakthrough season. It's bloody exciting to be discussing these sort of options though. 

Bemused why some fans are so keen to sell the best players; ASM, Wilson, Dubs,  Lascelles have all had people saying time to cash in. 

The old adage is pretty true; never sell your best players. imo none of the starters from the last season should be sold as there’s is a total absence of depth in the squad. The players to shift are the ones who couldn’t get a game

1 minute ago, M1tche said:

That's the obvious choice, but someone who seems quite highly rated, supposedly with a few decent options aswell coming to sit on the bench probably isnt something he's looking after a breakthrough season. It's bloody exciting to be discussing these sort of options though. 

It wasn't for long, but hell even Bruno started on the bench. I think Howe gives precedence to the player that was there until the player that wants in forces the issue.

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Bemused why some fans are so keen to sell the best players; ASM, Wilson, Dubs,  Lascelles have all had people saying time to cash in. 

The old adage is pretty true; never sell your best players. imo none of the starters from the last season should be sold as there’s is a total absence of depth in the squad. The players to shift are the ones who couldn’t get a game

:dowie:

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Why is Lascelles on your list? He’s one of our worst players that gets game time.