More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Another loan with option to buy, I’m guessing a lot of clubs are really being careful with purse strings. 

It's looks that way, if only someone with a lot of cash was allowed to flush that money legally through football with player purchases, but that pesky FFP keeps stopping them, it's almost as though the top 6 enjoy and want to keep the current Status quo 

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Window's open innit? I want 3 players signed by 11am or I'm flipping tables all owa

Only 3? Shows the incompetence of the owners if they can only get 3 through the door by 11am. What's going on inside that club they are clueless! 

Roger Fernandes

if there’s truth in this, then I think it’s a really positive sign of his ‘cohesive’ promise. Focussing on future not only immediate needs and wants. 

“Portuguese newspaper O Jogo has revealed that Dan Ashworth – the new sporting director at Newcastle United – is now overseeing a possible bid for Braga wonderkid Roger Fernandes.

The report claims that we’ve been watching the 16-year-old winger throughout last season and have ‘promised’ to come in with an offer this summer after our recruitment team filed a host of ‘positive reports’.”

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2022/06/10/dan-ashworth-now-overseeing-move-for-portuguese-winger-after-positive-reports-o-jogo/

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ibanez from Roma Linked

https://football-italia.net/tottenham-and-newcastle-ask-roma-for-ibanez/

Seems like there is a copy and paste template for Romanistas who want to renegotiate their contracts :lol: 

Zaniolo, Vertout, Pellegrini and now Ibanez. 

Think we can stick this on the likely to be bullshit pile.

Ibanez does have the same agent as Bruno and Diego Carlos - so there could be more in it.

At least one winger will obviously happen. Jamie Reuben basically said as much on Twitter. To me it's probably our biggest priority too so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Danjuma would be a good option I think - as he also played a lot up front in Villarreal's more defensive set ups so could perhaps offset some of the need for another out and out striker. Don't think he played on the right much mind so would perhaps mean moving Maxi over.

Diaby seems probably a step too far price wise despite being possibly the perfect signing. Can't see Forest selling Johnson for a reasonable price unless they basically give up on survival.

Slightly less exciting but I don't hate the idea of Ismaila Sarr. He's in that Liverpool profile of signings who've been in England a few years already and ready to make a step up at 24. Not saying he's as good but similar to the likes of Jota and Mane. 

Edited by ponsaelius

1 hour ago, ToonScotman said:

Danjuma being linked again apparent a 38 million release clause.

Also another goalkeepers today Alban Lafont.

Then lafonts team mate and Maxi’s mate Blas also from Nantes.

These two are apparently available for £17 million each, which is outrageous. Hope we are really considering them as they are both young, experienced and really talented.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Lafont was a big bust when he was at Fiorentina.

He was so young though, especially for a goalkeeper. Think he's bounced back nicely.

Still just 23 years old, which is ridiculously young for the position.

Can come in as an initial backup to Dubravka and take over in a year.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Slightly less exciting but I don't hate the idea of Ismaila Sarr. He's in that Liverpool profile of signings who've been in England a few years already and ready to make a step up at 24. Not saying he's as good but similar to the likes of Jota and Mane. 

Sarr would actually be pretty high up on my shortlist. Great attitude too by all accounts. 

10 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ibanez from Roma Linked

Seems like there is a copy and paste template for Romanistas who want to renegotiate their contracts :lol: 

Ibanez would be perfect. We could do with someone to play the lead, plucking out good passes and pulling the strings :thup:

:coat:

Todays random Serie A link is Sergj Malinkovic Savic from Lazio. Roma must have left a few of their copy and past letters lying around.

Bit of a strange one SMS as he used to be the player always linked with a mega money move a few years ago. Unsure why he never moved on.

Edited by GeordieDazzler

11 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ibanez from Roma Linked

Or perhaps not.

Have a look in the plane spotting thread on the 2nd of June, I made a post speculating that Mehrdad and Brunos agent (also Ibanez agent) were going to have talks with Ibanez.

They were both on the same flight somewhere and Ibanez certainly fits a profile.

Edited by STM

Any chance if Lascelles, Clark and Fernandez go that we sign 2 centre half’s this summer ? I think this is going to be fluid and if a good bid comes in for Lascelles I could see him leaving aswell.

Edited by Whitley mag

26 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Todays random Serie A link is Sergj Malinkovic Savic from Lazio. Roma must have left a few of their copy and past letters lying around.

Bit of a strange one SMS as he used to be the player always linked with a mega money move a few years ago. Unsure why he never moved on.

One of the best cdm’s in the world; hasn’t moved on because Lazio keep asking for silly money. Think they quoted Juve 120m not too long ago, and asking for near 100m this window.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Worrying thin neck though, can it withstand the robustness of the EPL?

Cold wet evenings in Stoke are out of the mix so he should be okay.

Just hope we don't draw them in the cup.