More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Absolutely need a striker to compete with Wilson and a first choice wide player to make this a successful window meeting our immediate needs.

Midfielder would be a welcome bonus.

CDM or someone more attacking?

Players for the final third needs to be the priority now imo. GK and defence is sorted now, it's not perfect but it's more than good enough now. Midfield is adequate but could do with another ace CM or DM to fix it for the time being. 

We're short up top - ASM is inconsistent, Wilson is injury prone, Wood is (let's be honest, a plank) Gayle is substandard, Fraser is fitful, Almiron has little end product and after that there's nothing tbh. Could do with 3 players to provide competition and raise the threat going forward in that final third and that's going to cost. Need to look at loans and free agents to try and fix it asap. 

All that said I'm not flapping at all, the new owners have already put their money where their mouth is and invested. I'm not greedy and I'm not impatient and it'll not happen in 1 or 2 windows, it'll take 8 or 9 windows to build the squad we're after. My advice would be to be patient and build it slow and solid and give it a few years, you can't fix everything at once :)

The team is massively bloated, might want to shed some players before bringing anyone else in.

I think 2 attacking players one being a RW and a young centre mid and I'd be happy with that. 

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

The team is massively bloated, might want to shed some players before bringing anyone else in.

I think 2 attacking players one being a RW and a young centre mid and I'd be happy with that. 

We're desperate for another striker

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Would love to sign someone like Houssem Aouar

I was thinking about him just the other day. Apparently due to not being able to agree with him on his contract, which runs out next summer, Lyon have shockingly made him available for around £13 million!

That's an unreal coup for someone. If we are looking at Eriksen, I'd much rather we went for Aouar instead tbh.

Just now, KaKa said:

I was thinking about him just the other day. Apparently due to not being able to agree with him on his contract, which runs out next summer, Lyon have shockingly made him available for around £13 million!

That's an unreal coup for someone. If we are looking at Eriksen, I'd much rather we went for Aouar instead tbh.

Wow. Let's get back in there.

I would love a technically proficient midfielder (eriksen would be ace but still think he'll end up at man u or something) who can help keep posession and control games, its something we lack. 

I have doubts we will get a right winger and a striker, I think more likely we'll got a right winger who can play striker if needed

8 minutes ago, TRC said:

If the right players can be brought in we can't wait while we shift others out as we may well lose out.

31 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Absolutely need a striker to compete with Wilson and a first choice wide player to make this a successful window meeting our immediate needs.

Midfielder would be a welcome bonus.

I’d take a winger who can play up front or vice versa plus a midfielder and I’d be very happy. That’d effectively mean 8 new first-team starters and 2 new squad players in 2 windows.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

There’s him and Cherki who are entering the final 12 month

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

There’s him and Cherki who are entering the final 12 month

And Dembele like @nufc123 mentioned.

Lyon have so many really good players. No idea how they managed to finish so low in Ligue 1.