More transfer rumours

midds

30 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Fuck off with loan deals. Unless they are paying his full wages they can get lost. 

Might be the best way to go for players that are proving hard to shift.

If they do well on loan it might garner a lot more interest next summer.

14 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

This is a ridiculous and self harming attitude to have

Gayle needs to go, for it to be on a permanent someone will need to offer close to what we pay him which is unlikely.

A loan deal where some/most of his wages are covered benefits us 

Luckily for the club the grown ups are running it now. Pragmatism will rule. 

3 hours ago, tom1988 said:

I dunno man, he's a serial winner. Yes he's a diva and the wrong side of 30 for building a team around but what a statement of intent. The likes of Ekitike, Diaby etc. if they saw that Ronaldo was willing to come to us for 'the project' how many others would sign up? Similar to signing Zlatan, you would do it for the aura of them around the club and not necessarily for their on pitch contribution (even though last season Ronaldo still outperformed the entire manure squad) 

Wrong side of 30? He's more like the right side of 40 now isn't he? I mean he does look after himself no doubt about that, but can't see many takers on his wages.

2 hours ago, thomas said:

I was thinking about that but Butt and Geremi were the only two that came immediately to mind and neither were particularly expensive. Campbell came in under Hughton for next to nothing. I don't think it ever really fit but I wasn't following until 2002 so maybe there were some 90's shenanigans.

Dalglish picked up a few old Liverpool has been a such as Rush and Barnes. Stuart Pearce too. But that’s ancient history. 

It’s just journos being lazy, as mentioned. 

30 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Mike Ashley's Legacy.

Giving below average players decent salaries to hang about but who barely contribute to the team and squad. 

Guess who wins again. 

I'm not even sure who won there, not even Mike Ashley. Well I suppose Shelvey, Ritche and Gayle won big time, they kept getting new contracts chucked at them despite no other club showing any interest in paying them the sort of wages they are picking up here.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A few tenuous links to CMs today. Boubacar Traore (Football Insider) and Mo Camara (Alfonso Leocadio). Fingers crossed.

Any good like?