More transfer rumours

midds

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

Is anyone still convinced we will pay if a player becomes available coz I’m not. Everything points to there being a rough budget that they aren’t willing to go too far over. We might just have to accept that 

Well it does make me think the club don't really rate the players that highly if they don't want to pay big fees. If someone wants to buy one of your rising stars at the age of 22 you are hardly going to hand him over for £15m if you are the selling club.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would say if we are struggling with stretching the budget, I would question why we went out and spent 10 million or so on Pope when we weren’t desperate for keeper in the same way we are for attacking reinforcements.

Pure guess, I think it’s more about us refusing to get ripped off. Other clubs asking for much much more than market value. Like DCL for 60m for example (if true). 

Edited by Ikon

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I would say if we are struggling with stretching the budget, I would question why we went out and spent 10 million or so on Pope when we weren’t desperate for keeper in the same way we are for attacking reinforcements.

Beats sitting back and inviting pressure

Edited by gazza ladra

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Beats sitting back and inviting pressure

But we don’t need a keeper over attacking reinforcements. A new keeper could have waited another season. We may end up getting in 2 quality forward players and the argument becomes irrelevant, I was just making an observation in regards to the budget.

10 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Pure guess, I think it’s more about us refusing to get ripped off. Other clubs asking for much much more than market value. Like DCL for 60m for example (if true). 

IF big IF Luke is correct and they are talking about wether to blow the whole budget on one of those players instead of getting a couple of players in. how would that stack up? 

no matter how much we are told there is a budget people just don’t want to believe it. 

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

You know he's getting annoyed when he turns condescending to fans and journos are superiors

He’s not wrong tho :lol: the only journalist that hasn’t said there is a budget etc etc is jacobs. The rest all seem to be on same page 

Just now, gdm said:

He’s not wrong tho :lol: the only journalist that hasn’t said there is a budget etc etc is jacobs. The rest all seem to be on same page 

He was totally wrong about the original amount of this so called budget.

He is now saying we might "blow cash" on a striker

So that so called budget hes called is going to be more than doubled

Just now, gdm said:

It's coming from the local journos who are being briefed by the club. They've also been parroting the line that they'll go after any player that interests them at the right price. The two things don't marry up, but I'm inclined to believe the latter after January.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

He was totally wrong about the original amount of this so called budget.

He is now saying we might "blow cash" on a striker

So that so called budget hes called is going to be more than doubled

Not the point. He’s not wrong that pretty much every journalist has said their is a strict budget. I hope they are all wrong I really do but maybe just maybe they are correct 

he’s saying ‘blow cash’ in the contest that we will use the remainder of the budget on that one player. Luke is a cock but he’s not saying anything that the likes of Douglas, Waugh, hope and more are saying 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Whether he's right or wrong doesn't really matter if he's a massive cunt though. I mean why would you give him the benefit of any doubt whatsoever?

Seems like we just need to trust them and let them get on with it tbh. Analysing every tweet and opinion seems canny draining, not fun. 

Think I'll just see what happens as and when concrete stuff comes out. 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

IF big IF Luke is correct and they are talking about wether to blow the whole budget on one of those players instead of getting a couple of players in. how would that stack up? 

no matter how much we are told there is a budget people just don’t want to believe it. 

I don’t think he is correct though. I’m also not saying we don’t have a budget, as I’m sure we do. What I am saying is that some of the prices we have been quoted for some players might be ridiculous and as a matter of principles we won’t budge and pay ridiculous fees. This doesn’t mean that we can’t spend 10m on Pope for example. Because we wouldn’t want to overpay 10-20m for another position. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

It's about how patronising he is. Defended Bruce to the hilt solely due to being his mate when it was clear that he was fucking shit and by the end of his tenure was certainly taking us down. Used similar cliches that he attacked previous NUFC managers for as well in the cabbage's defence. He writes and tweets like 'this is how it is and if you don't like it, tough' in condescending ways then blocks people who call him out for it. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Not the point. He’s not wrong that pretty much every journalist has said their is a strict budget. I hope they are all wrong I really do but maybe just maybe they are correct 

Look mate you are still missing the point. If the other journalists are wrong, that just means they didn't quite get it right given the lack of available sources. When Luke gets it wrong it's because he's a fucking tedious prick. If he gets it right, well he's always got a 50% chance of guessing right.

In January the local journos were reporting there was £50 million to spend.  We bought Tripper and Wood, placed bids for Botman and Carlos, enquired about Paqueta (according to some of them) and then bought Bruno and Burn, with a spend of £90 million.

They might have a ball park budget, but that alone suggests it isn't strict.

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

You know he's getting annoyed when he turns condescending to fans and journos are superiors

Well it must get frustrating after a while having to communicate something to idiots and they don’t listen. Reminds me of work 🙂