More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Since Dan has come in all the journalists have been scratching their heads…

This does give me hope we will start operating in a similar way to Villa. Nothing rumoured, then all of a sudden a deal is announced, or at least comes out at a time where it's all but done. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That's now Fab and Waugh that have said this. Two of the more reliable lads.

Meanwhile at the Telegraph:

"Ater weeks of scrambling around trying to find the cash to sign the two attacking players..."

Have they checked behind the sofa yet?

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Without knowing our back up targets to Diaby, Isaak etc. I would say Sarr at 20m-25m is a no brainer.

He's lightening fast with plenty of potential. His fee is reasonable, he can play anywhere across (he's best as a RW imo) and his numbers in the league are respectable given he's always played for a team at the bottom end of the league.

I have a sneaking feeling we will end up with one of him, Dennis, or Cornet by the end of the window. 

30 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Loads of work going on and off the pitch to move the club forward. Some deep cuts which need addressing, stuff we don't see or even hear about until it's done. 

Right now there is a lull, but I'm guessing our new setup is confident that's clubs will break on fees and they'll get 1 or 2 of their prime targets in. I do though think pining after players like Diaby when cheaper alternatives like Sarr are sitting in the championship is too good to pass up on. If Diaby comes available and we have Sarr, we sell or loan out Murphy, fraser or Almiron and improve out options no end. 

Funny how noises out of Lyon have changed dramatically as we cool our jets (overall on transfers) and arsenal target Tielemans. Player suddenly states he wants to leave and Lyon leaking the price is moderate. 

It could also be bullshit that they have slashed the price (most likely).

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol::lol::lol:

The mental image of Dan Ashworth reading the Daily Mirror gossip column, spitting out his morning coffee and immediately getting on the blower to make enquiries tickled me. Shut up Scott.

I hope he doesn’t read the mirror.

Edited by RodneyCisse

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:lol::lol::lol:

The mental image of Dan Ashworth reading the Daily Mirror gossip column, spitting out his morning coffee and immediately getting on the blower to make enquiries tickled me. Shut up Scott.

:lol:  :thup:

25 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I'm not convinced by Cornet but I do think Dennis and Sarr are good, viable options.

Dennis would be a canny signing IMO - good age - can potentially play all 3 forward positions and would cost less than £15m

I would buy him primarily as a backup to Wilson with his versatility being a bonus 

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Dennis would be a canny signing IMO - good age - can potentially play all 3 forward positions and would cost less than £15m

I would buy him primarily as a backup to Wilson with his versatility being a bonus 

Less than 15 million ?

Aulas doesn’t seem like the cut-price, cashing in type to me. Especially considering it’s a World Cup year. Paqueta could be worth a fortune in the January window if he has a good tournament. 

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Aulas doesn’t seem like the cut-price, cashing in type to me. Especially considering it’s a World Cup year. Paqueta could be worth a fortune in the January window if he has a good tournament. 

Forgive me, I don't follow the Brazil national side, but does Paqueta regularly start for them? Or is he in the same boat as Bruno and seen as an option from the bench?

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Forgive me, I don't follow the Brazil national side, but does Paqueta regularly start for them? Or is he in the same boat as Bruno and seen as an option from the bench?

Paqueta seems to start.

9 minutes ago, Mikky said:

:lol: love how every 2 or 3 days the chat always comes back round to Dennis, cornet & sarr. The same 3 players. Have we had any credible links to any of them or is just coz they are cheap?

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

These days he's one of the first names on the teamsheet i think. Would be a signal of intent which may help us going forward, and not only because of his quality but also to attract other players. Right now i dont see too many thinking wow they mean business now already. I do however many think that we are doing it the smart way by not wasting tons of cash on has beens and shite and big names. Hopefully we will do more within time. Looks promising.

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

:lol: love how every 2 or 3 days the chat always comes back round to Dennis, cornet & sarr. The same 3 players. Have we had any credible links to any of them or is just coz they are cheap?

Of the three I have seen us linked mostly to Sarr (earlier in the window) and Cornet (more recently). Haven't seen any links to Dennis. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Cant say I have seen any links to Dennis - I just think he fits the profile of player we need if we are not going to spend big on a CF

14 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Got to be massive question marks over his temperament after the way he chucked the towel in after Watford fucked him over with the AFCON.

Yes, he had every right to be pissed off, but his performances fell off a cliff as soon as it happened.

It seems like it’s principle rather than FFP that is restricting us. We just don’t want to be seen to overpay. 

Personally I would spend £50m x 3 on another set of signings before the window closes. Providing we can find the players willing to join of course. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

They know overpaying this year will restrict next summers window - when in theory the club is a more attractive proposition to more players.

It’s fine judgement between not overpaying this year vs failing to strengthen sufficiently to make the leap to European places challengers.