More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I don't think any of us imagined we wouldn't have signed at least one attacking player (or midfielder) by pre-season. I doubt Howe thought that would be the case either. Looks like we're gonna be into the season by the time this gets addressed which isn't ideal really, as any new signings will be unlikely to be thrown straight into the team.

Have I missed something? 

How come it’s looking like it will be after the season starts? 

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Not bothered if it takes 2 weeks or 6 weeks, we will get players in. We have people who know what they are doing.

Yep, no idea why all the retired painter and decorators think they could have done a better job than Dan Ashworth.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yep, no idea why all the retired painter and decorators think they could have done a better job than Dan Ashworth.

Was going to make a similar comment but didn't want to look bitchy.

It's fine people feel frustrated at times but it has to be caveated with the knowledge that we are a professional outfit now and have people at the club who have thought about every issue.

Just now, STM said:

It's fine people feel frustrated at times but it has to be caveated with the knowledge that we are a professional outfit now and have people at the club who have thought about every issue.

Has anyone criticised the board or ownership though? Think people are just a bit frustrated which tbh I get the impression by Howes comments him and the club are as well.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I hate the phrase, but it is what it is. We're trying, we know we are. If we don't sign anyone it's because we've exhausted every possible avenue, a markedly different approach to that which the club previously adopted. It's a symptom of the modern young adult - most people want everything and they want it now. Just watch, in 5 years time if we've not won a trophy there'll be people calling PIF all sorts.l, regardless of the progress we've made.

7 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It's perfectly reasonable to be frustrated by the lack of attacking signings, considering how weak that area is.

If we'd addressed the attack before the defence, certain folk would be moaning about the latter. In January there were so many holes in the squad it was unreal. Now at least we only have a couple, which I'm sure will be addressed in due course.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we'd addressed the attack before the defence, certain folk would be moaning about the latter. In January there were so many holes in the squad it was unreal. Now at least we only have a couple, which I'm sure will be addressed in due course.

You can address both in the timeframe we've had though, and the club aimed to, have tried to. Howe himself would have wanted most of our business done before pre season started, pretty sure he said as much a while ago. I'm not exactly moaning when I point this out.

Was watching a bit of PSV games. Boy is this Madueke kid talented. I have seen YouTube before too obviously. He would probably cost 30-40m.He would come in and strengthen us as well as him becoming a star of the PL in the near future no doubt. 

@Unbelievabledo you reckon he will stay another year? And would you say that 35-40 would be enough? With some add ons on top of that. Rather him than Diaby tbh. 

Edited by Ikon

9 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Was watching a bit of PSV games. Boy is this Madueke kid talented. I have seen YouTube before too obviously. He would probably cost 30-40m.He would come in and strengthen us as well as him becoming a star of the PL in the near future no doubt. 

@Unbelievabledo you reckon he will stay another year? And would you say that 35-40 would be enough? With some add ons on top of that. Rather him than Diaby tbh. 

I like Madueke a lot. Doubt he would even cost that much tbh. Probably closer to 20-25 I would have said. Main worry is he’s quite injury prone, which is not great for an explosive player.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

I like Madueke a lot. Doubt he would even cost that much tbh. Probably closer to 20-25 I would have said. Main worry is he’s quite injury prone, which is not great for an explosive player.

Cheers. Sounds rather cheap if so. Also, injury prone doesn’t sound very good for such a type of player really. Looks the real deal and more. 

2 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Lyon willing to sell Paqueta for £35m must be bullshit. No reason to do that and with a World Cup coming up for him too.

They're under pressure financially though? Maybe some loans are being called in etc, info line that doesn’t just come out unless they want it to.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

They're under pressure financially though? Maybe some loans are being called in etc, info line that doesn’t just come out unless they want it to.

Only Media Foot or something that has reported it though? 

The reason to sign a player of his calibre is to become a side that is less of a “less” side. My guess is that 40-45 would get him with some add ons. 

Edited by Ikon