More transfer rumours

midds

Seems like every other team is happy to throw around £35-50m transfers, yet we're shit scared to. 

On the other hand, this is a consortium that thought nothing of overpaying on Chris Wood by £20m, so I don't believe they should have an issue overpaying £10-15m on Diaby. 

Just now, Izakaya said:

Seems like every other team is happy to throw around £35-50m transfers, yet we're shit scared to. 

On the other hand, this is a consortium that thought nothing of overpaying on Chris Wood by £20m, so I don't believe they should have an issue overpaying £10-15m on Diaby. 

We've just spent £32 million on Botman.  In January we spent circa £40 million on Bruno.

7 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952b4e79f522a74ee9c5

6 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

:dowiespin:

Stop the bus.

Yeah it is getting kind of annoying everyone worrying about “FFP” when other clubs don’t seem to care. If we really are bothered then why not loan to buy and make it mandatory. All signings we make these days are paid in installments too.

1 minute ago, ToonScotman said:

Yeah it is getting kind of annoying everyone worrying about “FFP” when other clubs don’t seem to care. If we really are bothered then why not loan to buy and make it mandatory. All signings we make these days are paid in installments too.

Let's just spend all of our wages in the first few days and live of fuck all for a month. 

21 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Defcon Pantswet

6 months in and we are starting to behave like spoiled brats, didn't take long did it?

We could really use 1 more signing, of course the most difficult one to broker, to cover for Wilson. Its tricky because when fit wouldn't Wilson play or is he to be the back up to someone else? Or is Howe going to adopt a rotation policy with 2 players......

I wouldn't say the Evertons and Aston Villas are clubs we want to model ourselves on. The management are just trying to be discerning - get the next 24 months of recruitment wrong and we could fuck the following 48 months. Half a decade of lost progress. Keep our powder dry and we've still got options.

I've wondered about saying this previously, but haven't wanted to panic the panickers, or sound gloomier than I actually am, but we should prepare for the possibility that some of our first star signings won't stay with us all the way through our ascent. An Andy Cole moment.

I'm hearing people getting paranoid about losing Botman, Bruno or Trippier if we're not in Europe next season and that we need to spend spend spend to avoid that. Well, I don't really believe that's the case, but even if it was, so be it. Better that than rushing and fucking ourselves.

As it is, I think Trippier is with us for the long haul, and I think we should do EVERYTHING in our power to keep Bruno, but all big clubs have lost players they'd rather have kept at some point. It's part of footballing life. But for the first time in a decade, we're reliably signing players who will keep or sizably increase their value, and not need to be jettisoned in a priced-in relegation firesale at some point. Furthermore, we can be confident any proceeds genuinely would be reinvested back into the club to continue it's upwards trajectory.

37 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

How many times have you seen Diaby play to know he’s worth what you are suggesting ?

We keep Bruno by achieving Champions League. We do that by using Bruno and Botman to show we are a good destination for players and compete for European places. I am doubtful we will actually make Champions League before Bruno decides he needs to be playing it but maybe we can get get £100m off real madrid for him then and sign 2 more Brunos. That is the business model we are going by as I understand it, we do not want to spend silly wages to get the Neymars of the world as it likely wouldn't work, would be a struggle with FFP and destabalise the squad. We have no real depth of quality in squad, to get that it takes time. Bruno gets injured? We are in trouble. We want to compete with Spurs for 4th we will need more than we will likely have for next few seasons unless the FFP limitations go and the owners just decide to splurge. Nothing they have said or done indicates that is on the table though.

People need to stop panicing though. Personally I am looking forward for a season without the stress of relegation hanging over us and having a good go at the cups. I want us to compete for europe but I fear there are going to be some toys thrown out pram by some when we finish 8th or 9th. THe form of the last end of season was driven by fear of relegation and probably not totally sustainable.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

We keep Bruno by achieving Champions League. We do that by using Bruno and Botman to show we are a good destination for players and compete for European places. I am doubtful we will actually make Champions League before Bruno decides he needs to be playing it but maybe we can get get £100m off real madrid for him then and sign 2 more Brunos. That is the business model we are going by as I understand it, we do not want to spend silly wages to get the Neymars of the world as it likely wouldn't work, would be a struggle with FFP and destabalise the squad. We have no real depth of quality in squad, to get that it takes time. Bruno gets injured? We are in trouble. We want to compete with Spurs for 4th we will need more than we will likely have for next few seasons unless the FFP limitations go and the owners just decide to splurge. Nothing they have said or done indicates that is on the table though.

People need to stop panicing though. Personally I am looking forward for a season without the stress of relegation hanging over us and having a good go at the cups. I want us to compete for europe but I fear there are going to be some toys thrown out pram by some when we finish 8th or 9th. THe form of the last end of season was driven by fear of relegation and probably not totally sustainable.

Agreed. As you say about the cups, people shouldn't forget them either. I'd take 11th and a cup with the resulting Europe all day long in our circumstances.

19 minutes ago, OverThere said:

6 months in and we are starting to behave like spoiled brats, didn't take long did it?

We could really use 1 more signing, of course the most difficult one to broker, to cover for Wilson. Its tricky because when fit wouldn't Wilson play or is he to be the back up to someone else? Or is Howe going to adopt a rotation policy with 2 players......

It's so fucking pathetic man :lol:

Especially when you consider the window isn't even closed yet, and most other clubs have hardly done anything. Everytime other clubs are linked to a player it's taken as gospel and over reacted to, as if they are making all of these signings ... and then the bed wetting ensues.

We all just need to take stock at the end of the window as that's really only the time that we can start giving judgements and opinions. I'm pretty chilled as I think we will get the necesssry players in. Mind that's pretty easy for me as I take fuck all notice of the guesswork clickbait journalists and social media accounts. 

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I'm telling you right now, by this time next year people will actively be having a go at the owners.

Imagine coming from what we had under MA and already bitching and moaning merely half a year into things.

That label of 'the richest owners' is the most unfortunate thing for the folks that bought us, because it has made people crazy in the head. They think we should be Man City by tomorrow now. It's actually sickening.

I can't imagine what's basically a Saudi national/government entity buying a football club to see it do mediocre in the league it's in, because I know how much they value not losing face in that culture, especially with their investments.

Surely they have to blow the big cash at some point this summer. Another 10th/11th/12th finish does nothing towards their project ambitions (if they are indeed true). 

Edited by Amir_9

I don’t think the reaction has been too bad TBH, people are just keen for better players. 

Personally I don’t care where we finish this season but I would like some of the shit players to see fewer minutes. 

Our signings have been good but attackers are always going to be more exciting. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 minutes ago, Nine said:

Some of us are already wetting the bed I see, can you imagine if someone else signs Paqueta before the end of the window [emoji38]

It's getting to the point I actually wish it would happen. Just so they stop going on about the guy.

1 hour ago, Izakaya said:

giphy.gif