More transfer rumours

midds

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Was Shelvey especially bad under Bruce?

I feel like he gets far too much criticism like. He's been really good since Eddie came in. Now he's slimmed down and looks like one of those mad male models.

He’s always been strangely reviled by our fan base tbh. I get that he’s often gone missing in games and has, at times, seemed pretty averse to tracking back but I’ve seen worse players get less criticism. The guy was really good under Rafa and unplayable in the championship but hasn’t seemed to have retained any goodwill from those times. I have a theory it’s partly due to his appearance, which is a bit shan.

I mentioned my in general thoughts on Shelvey during the game. Fucking hell people still going on about it/subject. Some people need to learn to ignore when it goes too far, just grow up :lol:  Imagine spending the energy and effort and time arguing with each other back and forth. DO SOMETHING else after a while…

33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like he gets far too much criticism like. He's been really good since Eddie came in. Now he's slimmed down and looks like one of those mad male models.

He just used to play golf and pick up his pay.

13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s always been strangely reviled by our fan base tbh. I get that he’s often gone missing in games and has, at times, seemed pretty averse to tracking back but I’ve seen worse players get less criticism. The guy was really good under Rafa and unplayable in the championship but hasn’t seemed to have retained any goodwill from those times. I have a theory it’s partly due to his appearance, which is a bit shan.

:nods: Barton immediately springs to mind. Maybe Shelvey should have pandered a bit more to the gullible 

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:nods: Barton immediately springs to mind. Maybe Shelvey should have pandered a bit more to the gullible 

My main issues with Shelvey came from from numerous stupid fucking decisions on the pitch over the years. Numerous idiotic red cards, suspension for racism etc. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

The one I wanted most. Real shame 

The one who I thought was happy to be associated with rumours of a move to us, but probably wants to flush out a CL club.

23 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

He just used to play golf and pick up his pay.

And play decent football.  Shelvey has done more than ok in his time here.  Not great, though he has had great games.  He was head & shoulders above everyone in The Championship.

I think he foolishly said that Bruce "was one of the best managers I've had".  That's what started the hatred.

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fairly confident he wont be, myself. No new CMs n'all. 

Aye but even if it's not Shelvey it'll be Willock?  Longstaff?

Whether its Shelvey there or not it's a position we should be upgrading as a priority.

31 minutes ago, Rod said:

And play decent football.  Shelvey has done more than ok in his time here.  Not great, though he has had great games.  He was head & shoulders above everyone in The Championship.

I think he foolishly said that Bruce "was one of the best managers I've had".  That's what started the hatred.

Aye because he’d get golf days instead of proper training days.

Always nice to know I can come back to 100 unread messages in this thread but skip to the very last page and know I’ve not missed anything.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

100% 

I do get it like, but since I actually started paying attention to him a bit more he's a really tidy player and does a lot more defensively than I thought. We need to replace him, but he's a more than good enough squad player.

Despite his reputation he actually seems a decent bloke aswell.