More transfer rumours

midds

If we only sign 2 more to the end of the window and they arnt £30m+ players then a big bonus from that will be to temper some fans expectations. It’s always more, more, more, now, now, now.. any other club would be the same as with a lot of fans it’s just natural human emotion taking control so I’m not saying it’s specific to us. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Heck I'd even take 12th and a cup. 

Mate, this first season I'd just take never once being stressed about relegation at any point. No drama, just a nice, standard mid-table finish. Run in a cup would be nice, but I just need a season to re-adjust after Ashley!

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's getting to the point I actually wish it would happen. Just so they stop going on about the guy.

Same.. he’s become just the answer to everything. Need a striker or RW? Paqueta. Let’s play him out of his natural position just to have him. [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Mate, this first season I'd just take never once being stressed about relegation at any point. No drama, just a nice, standard mid-table finish. Run in a cup would be nice, but I just need a season to re-adjust after Ashley!

Basically what I want. Just enjoy the games, don’t worry about going down, have a lovely time. 

7 minutes ago, Nine said:

Same.. he’s become just the answer to everything. Need a striker or RW? Paqueta. Let’s play him out of his natural position just to have him. [emoji38]

Nobidy has mentioned at all about playing Paqueta as a striker or RW [emoji38]

Edited by et tu brute

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It’s clear that character is almost as important an attribute as talent in our transfer policy. No space for outright dickheads or players who don’t want to be here, regardless of how talented they are.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

13 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I can't imagine what's basically a Saudi national/government entity buying a football club to see it do mediocre in the league it's in, because I know how much they value not losing face in that culture, especially with their investments.

Surely they have to blow the big cash at some point this summer. Another 10th/11th/12th finish does nothing towards their project ambitions (if they are indeed true). 

I’m not really sure we are the full sport washing vehicle that people thought we are. It really does seem like we’re another investment as part of Saudi’s Vision 2030 and diversifying their economy away from purely relying on oil. 

The slow build mentality would seem to support this. 

16 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I can't imagine what's basically a Saudi national/government entity buying a football club to see it do mediocre in the league it's in, because I know how much they value not losing face in that culture, especially with their investments.

Surely they have to blow the big cash at some point this summer. Another 10th/11th/12th finish does nothing towards their project ambitions (if they are indeed true). 

They've had their investment for 9 months :lol: There were multi-year plans for improvement laid out at the start. 

I get that it's hard to square what we're seeing now against the common (possibly offensively stereotypical :lol: ) perception of saudi decadence/opulence and buying the best at whatever cost, but I think that's the reality. It's simply not an "i want the fastest emerald-encrusted Lamborghini" situation, or else they would have bought Man U and done just that.

Edited by thomas

12 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I've never really known NUFC to do that in my lifetime :lol: We're a momentum heavy club. When things are going ok, they end up going way better than ok...

Thing is, to be serious, it's a pretty fine line between worrying about relegation and pushing for Europe (pushing, not qualifying). If we remove the threat of the former, we pretty much automatically introduce the joy/stress of the latter.

Edited by 80

As always, the reaction on social media is more extreme than the general reaction. While a few are beginning to panic, there is still plenty preaching patience.

Certain journalist aren't helping. Unfortunately, transfer stories receive more engagement than any other story. When there is an information vacuum, fans are particular thirsty for news and nothing stories are frequently exaggerated or sensationalised. As much as he's a cunt, Luke Edwards is great at this. We even saw a bit of click bait from Craig Hope the other evening.

While its fun to chat and speculate about these stories while there's no real news, far too many on social media take them at face value which can often be the trigger of meltdowns.

Guest reefatoon

[emoji38] Such a stupid rumour/story. I mean, how long would it take.

Hello, is Paqueta going cheaper like?

No

Ok, bye.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Speaking of fun stories to speculate about.

We know (well some do), that if the club are really interested, they will know exactly what the value of the player is. If there is a change in price, I am certain that information would have also been relayed directy to the club. Honestly man these journalists/media sources are going overtime on their clickbait. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] Such a stupid rumour/story. I mean, how long would it take.

Hello, is Paqueta going cheaper like?

No

Ok, bye.

You mean you don't buy that Lyon used Media Foot to get the info out there?

Let's be honest, none of the signings we've made so far have been sexy - a keeper, a loan player we already know and another CB.

The ones we all get excited about are offensive players and we haven't seen any yet, after 6 months of anticipation or 12 years depending on how you want to look at it. I imagine the frustration would've been tempered if the world cup was on, but there's so little decent sport on that it's difficult not to obsess a bit.

43 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think the reaction has been too bad TBH, people are just keen for better players. 

Personally I don’t care where we finish this season but I would like some of the shit players to see fewer minutes. 

Our signings have been good but attackers are always going to be more exciting. 

I do care where we finish tbh. I thought the January window was always going to be really tricky, but we did pretty well in hindsight. I was expecting us to land 3-4 big targets this summer though, when we would have more time to set deals up. It might still happen tbh, but I don't expect us to have a season treading water. We can't challenge the top six, but I would have expected us to be chopping down the next tier, the likes of West Ham and Leicester.

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Let's be honest, none of the signings we've made so far have been sexy - a keeper, a loan player we already know and another CB.

The ones we all get excited about are offensive players and we haven't seen any yet, after 6 months of anticipation or 12 years depending on how you want to look at it. I imagine the frustration would've been tempered if the world cup was on, but there's so little decent sport on that it's difficult not to obsess a bit.

Would have been so nice having the World Cup on right now. Such a shame it's at the end of the year.

To be fair there must be something to it if the transfer checker is on the case. Doesn't at all come across as someone who just rehashes and reports other stories.

Edited by TBG

The paqueta thing could be sort of true in the sense they know he wants to leave and they're trying to start a bidding war. Tempt the prospective buyers in with a cheaper price and get them to fight it out among themselves eBay style.