More transfer rumours

midds

50 minutes ago, Rod said:

And play decent football.  Shelvey has done more than ok in his time here.  Not great, though he has had great games.  He was head & shoulders above everyone in The Championship.

I think he foolishly said that Bruce "was one of the best managers I've had".  That's what started the hatred.

I don't think that was the start of it, like. He was putting in some abysmal performances well before that, even under Rafa (end of that final season aside). 

I'm glad he's had a mini-renaissance under Howe, he's proven a lot of people wrong (including me), but I'll not miss him when he's gone. 

36 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Always nice to know I can come back to 100 unread messages in this thread but skip to the very last page and know I’ve not missed anything.

You’ve  really missed out on message #57 

What do we think is worse, the endless pages of no-one really being linked day after day or the absolute ghost town of previous years when we would have a handful of posts at best and we were all safe in the knowledge that we weren't even looking?

34 minutes ago, Decky said:

Love how every day I see about 10 new pages on this thread and the situation hasn't changed a bit since yesterday. :lol: 

And yet I still check the thread every thirty minutes 

7 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Also guilty of this. First thing I check on break before Twitter etc.

I'm on social media for work, then get posted updates in group chats etc, so it's non-stop exposure at the moment, but after nearly ten years of being tuned out I'm actually quite enjoying the saturation. It'll level off after a while :lol:

30 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

I wonder if we’re becoming hard nosed now after being fucked about too often by clubs and agents. The market will eventually learn. 

Someone will eventually cough up the price though and that’s the problem. We ain’t the only rich ticket in town.

28 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

I wonder if we’re becoming hard nosed now after being fucked about too often by clubs and agents. The market will eventually learn. 

The market isn't going to change because one club opts out, the market is what it is, I doubt we're specifically being quoted different prices to everyone else.

11 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Everton and Villa (though Everton have obviously still managed to fuck themselves) haven't had their commercial income effectively frozen for the past the 14 years the same we we had. It will take a little time to play catch up, thought that has already started. Doubt there's any other team in the league with a sleeve sponsor worth more than they're front of shirt sponsor. That will change from next season. We have none of the daft things in place other sides have. I imagine after the training ground revamp we will unveil a training ground sponsor, but there's loads more we will be lining up behind the scenes.

I wopuld disagree with the bit about commercial income - we were run by cretins until 3 years ago - we managed to have static commercial income whilst in a league which comes with a licence to print money, and that was the case right back to our first sugar daddy, Lerner.

The current owners are super rich, benevolent and switched on - their plans for the replacement of the North Stand and the increase in capacity are really interesting, and commercially ambitious.

However, we do seem immune to FFP rules, they seem to be capable of putting shit loads of money into the club without worrying too much,

Although, Purslow was one of the main contributors to the FFP rules in the first place so maybe he's using his cunning. I dunno.

Fuck it, though, if Man City can get away with ludicrous shit like the Etihad naming rights for £400m, then the rest of us ambitious clubs should be able to have a try too.

And further to that ^^^ i fucking hope more clubs do it and have a pop at it, it's way more exciting that watching the entitled 5 plus Spurs running things all the time.

(except Wolves, fuck those cunts)

Just now, brummie said:

And further to that ^^^ i fucking hope more clubs do it and have a pop at it, it's way more exciting that watching the entitled 5 plus Spurs running things all the time.

(except Wolves, fuck those cunts)

Like the business you've done this summer. Reckon you will finish above us this year (as squads stand).

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Like the business you've done this summer. Reckon you will finish above us this year (as squads stand).

I dunno to be honest.

I hope it's interesting. "May you live in interesting times", as they (can't remember who) say.

Just now, brummie said:

I dunno to be honest.

I hope it's interesting. "May you live in interesting times", as they (can't remember who) say.

If we sign some attacking players it will be interesting. At the moment we might concede less goals, but we're still going to struggle to score them.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

If we sign some attacking players it will be interesting. At the moment we might concede less goals, but we're still going to struggle to score them.

I think our problem is also scoring.

Ings is decent, Watkins is incredibly hard working but also very wasteful.

Cameron Archer will feature, I think, he looks the real deal.

I'd still rather have a more reliable source of goals.

Wesley still plays for us. That's a shocking thought. Fuck knows where he'll be on loan next season. The only Brazilian male with no innate football ability whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

As things stand, squads are similar but I think Gerrard is a shite manager and Howe is class, so I don't see them finishing above us.

Just now, STM said:

As things stand, squads are similar but I think Gerrard is a shite manager and Howe is class, so I don't see them finishing above us.

Yes I'd have Howe over Gerrard 100 times out 100 but we also only have two good attacking players, one who is very erratic and inconsistent and the other who is very injury prone.