More transfer rumours

midds

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Why are people saying forest are crazy for paying lingard £200,000 a week for one season 

if he keeps them up , all good 

it’s like forest signing him for £8m and paying him £20k a week ?

Same total ? 

Be interesting to see what their next highest paid player is in. Won't be much. 

Also lingard ain't going to keep them up single handedly 

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I didn’t say he would , but at least they are giving it a go 

same player we wanted in January , and nearly got 

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Yeah that seems like a totally Everton type of move, can't see how that can be healthy long term.

Forest are the quintessential promoted via the play offs team. Weren’t really expecting to go up. Got there largely off the back of a youth player breaking through from nowhere and a right back who was on loan from another Champo club. On top of that they lost their goalie and had other loanes return.

Basically they’re massively ill equipped for the top flight - so have needed to throw everything at it and get any king of signing where they could to build a side. It’s not ideal but it’s basically the only thing they could do. Will certainly be very interesting to see how it goes.

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Why are people saying forest are crazy for paying lingard £200,000 a week for one season 

if he keeps them up , all good 

it’s like forest signing him for £8m and paying him £20k a week ?

Same total ? 

I presume they will be paying him a signing on fee on top of his wages also, given he was a free agent? 

Just now, snakzz said:

That should be right for us to. 
no transfer fee either. 

Higher than our current highest wage though. Who knows if our owners have a wage ceiling at the present moment, and what it is? No transfer fee, but presumably a not insignificant signing on fee. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Higher than our current highest wage though. Who knows if our owners have a wage ceiling at the present moment, and what it is? No transfer fee, but presumably a not insignificant signing on fee. 

Someone specualted in 150k or?

i think Thats an decent / ok number atleast. 

11 minutes ago, snakzz said:

That should be right for us to. 
no transfer fee either. 

Difference is, if it doesnt go well for him/them next season they get relegated and he leaves. If it doesnt go well for him/us then i doubt we would be relegated but we would be saddled with 150-200k a week for 2 or 3 more years

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Difference is, if it doesnt go well for him/them next season they get relegated and he leaves. If it doesnt go well for him/us then i doubt we would be relegated but we would be saddled with 150-200k a week for 2 or 3 more years

If there is a relegation release who else would pay him that?

Read a couple of pages since this morning and it's given me a headache. Are there any transfer rumours today or is the last 10 pages the same silly argument over and over and over again?

Should put a daily limit on posts per member in this thread at this rate [emoji38]

52 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

This was about kamara. 

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

Read a couple of pages since this morning and it's given me a headache. Are there any transfer rumours today or is the last 10 pages the same silly argument over and over and over again?

Should put a daily limit on posts per member in this thread at this rate [emoji38]

Nothing new.