Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

6 minutes ago, cranna said:

In theory it makes sense, but have you ever watched Ekitike play for 90 minutes? I watched 2 full games from Reims in the last weeks, and to me he looks like a mixture of Crouch and Chamakh. Ok, he doesn't miss a lot of chances in front of goal, but he doesn't dribble much and is not VERY fast. He's worth 10m at most right now, Newcastle is being robbed here.

3 minutes ago, cranna said:

Let's be honest, the combo Ekitike + Wood for more than 50m is not good business. I doubt these two can score more than 10 goals together by the end of the season.

I agree with this. But time will tell.

Based on absolutely nothing, wanted us to sign this lad since the first rumours. Personally think he compliments the Wood signing really well too - an uninspiring, but known quantity and a young kid with bags of potential.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Doesn't look so bad now does it?

Yes, it does. We didn’t sign him as midfielder, but goalscorer. He has played 89 games and scored 7 goals in PL.

I like how he is playing now, strong and full of confidence, but failed in role he was signed for.

However Ekitike has better stats than Joelinton, but that’s not exactly hard, because we signed Joelinton because of his great performance against poor Favre’s BVB.

Edited by Elephant

1 minute ago, Elephant said:

Yes, it does. We didn’t sign him as midfielder, but goalscorer. He has played 89 games and scored 7 goals in PL.

I like how he is playing now, strong and full of confidence, but failed in role he was signed for.

He was never a goalscoring striker.

2 minutes ago, Elephant said:

However Ekitike has better stats than Joelinton, but that’s not exactly hard, because we signed Joelinton because of his great performance against poor Favre’s BVB.

He was a winger who was signed to play as a goalscorer/target man. Not his fault. Not my fault, not your fault. He's playing well now and that's all that matters brother.

Just now, elbee909 said:

Always thought that 40m figure seemed weird for Joelinton anyhow.

All I know is he's turned it around under a better manager. Onwards and upwards.

Well this is it isn’t it? We’ll never know how his newcastle career would have started if he wasn’t coached by Steve Bruce. I’ve a feeling he’d have started off a lot better 

3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

He was a winger who was signed to play as a goalscorer/target man. Not his fault. Not my fault, not your fault. He's playing well now and that's all that matters brother.

In Hoffenheim he did not play as winger, he was striker there. Only few games as winger, not used there much at all.

Just now, Chicane said:

The fact that he's done well in a certain role the last few weeks really doesn't change the fact that his transfer has been an absolute disaster

Still one of our worst ever for me

What? 

He's an absolute baller man. Just mismanaged for two years.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Think he'll be a one to play from the bench unless Wood plays so bad as to need him out before Wilsons return.

Yep. He's one for the future, but will still be interesting to see what he does when he comes on.