Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I can't see him fulfilling Wilson's role. He looks more like a withdrawn striker in a 4-4-2 or wide attacker in a 4-3-3. More likely to be taking ASM / Fraser's role in other words.

He's a bit skinny so it's a bit of a gamble, but in Eddie we trust.

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I can't see him fulfilling Wilson's role. He looks more like a withdrawn striker in a 4-4-2 or wide attacker in a 4-3-3. More likely to be taking ASM / Fraser's role in other words.

He's a bit skinny so it's a bit of a gamble, but in Eddie we trust.

I'd say going for someone broad is a gamble too. They might run in quicksand like Wood.

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Don’t know the name of the song but “Ah  Rikitiki” is stuck in my head forever now. 

The conga fits his name perfectly:

Du du du, Hugo Ekitike!

Du du du Ekitike scores (or something less shit than that)

Can’t get excited over this as I’ve never seen him play, I do have reservations of paying this much on someone so young from the French league. As long as he isn’t the only attacking signing I wouldn’t be against him coming.

His game is really interesting like, not the kind of raw pace I’d love for us to have but we can get that from an outright winger. He’s got lovely technique on his right foot and seems to read the game very well. Not seen enough of him to know about his left foot though, does he use it at all apart from tap ins?