Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

18 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Does sound like he’s undecided on us/ waiting for other offers.

I read it as we've just got stuff to iron out with his agent. Surely we wouldn't progress this far if the player didn't fancy it?

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I read it ad we've just got stuff to iron out with his agent. Surely we wouldn't progress this far if the player didn't fancy it?

We did in January mind. To be honest I would wait to see if he signs, if he doesn't fuck him, on to the next target and if he does great, move on to the next position. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I read it ad we've just got stuff to iron out with his agent. Surely we wouldn't progress this far if the player didn't fancy it?

Hopefully but I saw this (I’m shamelessly copy and pasting this from a French commenter under an article):

”Unfortunatly, the word “souhaiter” ( “to wish” in english ) speaks volumes. He clearly imply (sic) the advisers of Ekitike and the player himself aren’t keen to sign with us.”

Edited by McCormick

I'm not reading too much into that.

If the offer was "on the table" yesterday I wouldn't be overly concerned that everything wasn't done & dusted today. 

Everything may be agreed in principle but I imagine it can take a fair bit of time to get all the various contracts agreed and signed, especially as we're still having to have everything rubber-stamped by Al-Rumiyyan 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If I was him I think I would have stayed another year in France. Obviously money might change that thought. 

Aye its hard to say that when it's your livelihood, he could stay a year in France and get a career changing/ending injury. Guess the contract we offer him will have him set for life. That's taking out football reasons but this is how players will think.

Edited by WillingtonMag

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Aye its hard to say that when it's your livelihood, he could stay a year in France and get a career changing/ending injury. Guess the contract we offer him will have him set for life. That's taking out football reasons but this is how players will think.

I agree. I was just thinking football and his development.

There is literally an editors note on that screenshot which states the interview took place yesterday. Most likely the interview took place in the day time. The news of terms being agreed with the player by Romano was in the evening. I think this interview took place prior to that and is therefore nothing to worry about 

Sounds like this is in exactly the same place as it was in January. Bid accepted, looks a goer and now hesitancy from the players agents/camp. Maybe just a last minute wait to see if someone bigger comes in last minute?

I can't believe we would have gone back if there was no interest in coming though so hopefully he is over for a medical tomorrow or over the weekend.

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Sounds like this is in exactly the same place as it was in January. Bid accepted, looks a goer and now hesitancy from the players agents/camp. Maybe just a last minute wait to see if someone bigger comes in last minute?

I can't believe we would have gone back if there was no interest in coming though so hopefully he is over for a medical tomorrow or over the weekend.

Agreed. The fact that we went back to him after 5 months and him still not refusing means this is going through. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

It’s the express regurgitating a rumour from ‘TuttoMercatoWeb’. The express have a separate article saying we beat Everton and Arsenal for his signature  and will be signing him. Scattergun journalism.

Social media "journalism" at its finest.