Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The window hasn't even opened yet man Cronky [emoji38]

We seem to have genuine interest in Calvert-Lewin and Toney, so I think a target man is probably still on the list. As Ekitike clearly isn't a target man (not yet anyway).

As for his goal haul being lucky, as I've seen a couple of posts about it, I think @ManDoon has a point about him looking very composed in a few of his goals. I'm obviously not putting him on Messi's level but you'll see with a lot of Messi's goals it looks like he has all the time in the world before putting it past the keeper as he doesn't panic, Ekitike seems to have that quality about it.

He also has a new quality terrace anthem 

4 hours ago, CaliMag said:

Watched his highlight clips and his lanky build and technique remind me of a cross between Sammy Ameobi and Ayoze. 

I am unconvinced he is worth the price (from my own bullshit youtube scouting), and I hope I am wrong. 

The thing I noticed was how surprisingly effective he was at holding it up despite his slim frame, and it's because he plays with a lot of competitiveness and also receives the ball very well with some delightful first touches and flicks.

Really like the personality and flair he plays with. Think he'll be successful, and a very popular player.

41 minutes ago, jack j said:

Whenever I hear gangly I think Shola

Any chance yous can stop thanks

Who was a better player than he's usually given credit for.

But let's not fight. Better times are ahead.

Guest HTT II

To get ten goals in the French top-flight at his age in his debut season is no mean feat, he’s clearly talented. Could be ASMs replacement…

Would be really pleased at this signing. 

If we could rely on Wilson staying fit, I’d say we wouldn’t even need to make another striker signing after this.

Although after this I’d be prioritising CB, LB and a DM.

Good to see we’re in the market early and pleasing to see it’s the right type of signing and a reasonable cost.

The one thing some of the Bournemouth posters have said on here is that Howe has always had a mean eye for a young player, he tends to get most of these decisions right and he knows who he can work with and improve - and to be fair he's got a very good record in doing so. 

Even some of the so called flops such as Solanke eventually came good. Ibe is the only out and out flop I can think of. 

Usually a player being 19-20 and not having any history in any of the international youth teams would suggest there's not much of a pedigree and we're paying the premium for one decent season and therefore taking all the risk. But Howe knows the score and will have gained a lot of goodwill from his work so far. 

I'm very in favour of this transfer, he seems an exciting young talent, a fairly unknown quantity and has done very well so far at his age. He made the right call in not joining in January, has continued to improve and I'm excited to see him develop with us, bring it on

21 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

The one thing some of the Bournemouth posters have said on here is that Howe has always had a mean eye for a young player, he tends to get most of these decisions right and he knows who he can work with and improve - and to be fair he's got a very good record in doing so. 

Even some of the so called flops such as Solanke eventually came good. Ibe is the only out and out flop I can think of. 

Usually a player being 19-20 and not having any history in any of the international youth teams would suggest there's not much of a pedigree and we're paying the premium for one decent season and therefore taking all the risk. But Howe knows the score and will have gained a lot of goodwill from his work so far. 

Feel so bad for Ibe as I remember him coming through initially at Liverpool and showing some really exciting ability. He ended up struggling off the pitch with some mental health issues that messed things up for him at Bournemouth, unfortunately.

I know this isn't the Ashley era anymore, but I can't relax with any potential signing until he is 100% confirmed.

Nice to see we aren't waiting till the season has already started mind :lol:

Edited by Klaus

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Half our budget blown!

Edwards is going to be foaming on holiday.

Wait until he sees that Athletic article poo-pooing his man Henry's money pile

All we need is for Steve Bruce to come out and admit he really is a fat useless twat who was phoning it in at Newcastle, and Edwards will be typing truly dark thoughts on his unnecessarily revealing twitter page