Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I've never looked at Chris Wood and thought 'there's a player we should sign', although in truth I've never really paid much attention to the guy (or Burnley) either.

I was (and still am) hoping we sign some players who are actually technically gifted, as this squad is one of the worst I have ever seen on the ball - even controlling a pass is hard for most of them. Looking at Wood's goals his touch is pretty poor (granted that's not what he's being bought for). In that respect he'll feel right at home here.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I've never looked at Chris Wood and thought 'there's a player we should sign', although in truth I've never really paid much attention to the guy (or Burnley) either.

I was (and still am) hoping we sign some players who are actually technically gifted, as this squad is one of the worst I have ever seen on the ball - even controlling a pass is hard for most of them. Looking at Wood's goals his touch is pretty poor (granted that's not what he's being bought for). In that respect he'll feel right at home here.

He was an absolute monster in the Championship for Leeds.

This just highlights how fucking ridiculous it was that we went into the season with only Wilson (bad injury record) and Gayle (awful at this level, barely played in the last few years and also terrible injury record) as our strikers.

Seeing his 2 favourite strikers are Shearer and Drogba, that must be a great motivating factor in joining.

Having the chance to make history in potentially saving Newcastle from relegation in front of the same fans that loved his striking idol. Must be running through your head constantly and I'm sure he'd thrive on that pressure and would feel amazing scoring at home.

Maybe he'd even do the 1 raised arm Shearer celebration [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Slim said:

This is actually a very impressive collection of goals. 

Surprised at how much he gets in behind and how quick he looks in these. Think this guy is going to make a big difference for us.

I know he's a big guy, but is he actually a target man type? Seems to look to get in behind more than coming short and holding up the ball. Seems to me that Barnes was more of the guy that played the target man role.

14 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Give me an example? Mate, people took absolutely rough stick for critising pardew back in the day, and they were right in the end.  Having a dissenting opinion is completely fine. It doesn't make you a wanker in any way shape or form. Aside that one kid who said I hope he breaks his leg.

You could back up criticism of Pardew by referencing his record. That's simply not the case with Wood. We were also comparing Pardew to the man he replaced, Hughton. Neither of those stand up in this instance.