Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

I think this is a decent bit of business, Wood is a squad player and price is high because it was the quickest way to get someone in before Watford, with a release clause we're looking at hours rather than days to complete the transfer meaning he can slot straight in at the weekend, even if its just as a sub because he's carrying a knock. Watford is the epitome of a 6 pointer and he's probably our best chance at getting something out of it. It's a bit of an underwhelming signing but functional. Fingers crossed he makes it and he makes the difference he's being brought in for. 

He's the type of striker we are missing even if he is not a big name, and offers a physical presence up front. There were times when Wilson is isolated by himself. Signing him gives us options and different game plans for opponents.

12 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

He came off at half-time with a groin injury.

Only as precaution it appears.

They have Barnes and Vydra out with injury and covid respectively + Cornet at AFCON.

So the one fit striker they had we've gone and knicked and they play Leicester + Watford within 3 days next week.

1 minute ago, JP said:

They have Barnes and Vydra out with injury and covid respectively + Cornet at AFCON.

So the one fit striker they had we've gone and knicked and they play Leicester + Watford within 3 days next week.

Hopefully doesn’t work against us and Watford hammer them.

0-0 in that game with a few injuries and red cards would have me delighted. Of course, if we win on Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Scores some absolute bangers like.

Yeah, watching his 50 goals for Burnley there are some really good finishes in there, and surprisingly few tap-in / headed goals (not sure whether that's a good or bad thing :dontknow:)

38 minutes ago, Slim said:

He doesn't do tap-ins, does he? :lol: Wow he can strike a ball, not seen confidence in finishing like that in a long time. I won't make the comparison but you probably know who I'm thinking of.

Forget the fee - January window is always batshit and I'm just thankful that we've been able to get a much needed striker through the door without any fucking about, and even at this massively over-inflated price it could still be money very well spent.  Presumably Howe thinks he can do something with him which is good enough for me.

It's also a massive fuck you to all those PL teams who collectively said that they wouldn't trade with us this window in order to try and push us through the trap door.  How's that looking now, ya devious spiteful cunts?!

36 minutes ago, JP said:

Can we loan him back to them for the Watford game? :lol:

56 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Think a new challenge for him will help us massively. Easy to get stuck when every is the same.. 

What new challenge? He's gone from a relegation battle to a relegation battle.