Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

5 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Willock will get his first of the season here.

Wood to get a debut goal

Fraser to pop one in

3-0

Would love a nice 3-0 win like. I’m nervous as fuck, 1-0 up with 5/10 mins left would have me bricking it. 

It's nice that we have two completely different options in ASM and Wood. One will find their way though. Remember, Watford are shite too.

Edited by STM

I think this will be quite an open game. Both teams have similar strengths and weaknesses in that they both look capable going forward, but both ship far too many goals due to defensive blunders and a lack of midfield cover.

I think momentum will work in our favour here. Watford have lost six league games in a row and are struggling to find a system that suits their best players. On the other hand, other than the Cambridge aberration, we've generally improved week on week since Howe took charge. The Man United game was our best performance of the season and if we play with the same intensity I think we'll have too much here: 2-1.

Will be really interesting to see how we try and utilise Wood. Howe has been trying to build passing out from the back to, let's say, very mixed success. There's now going to be a very, very easy outball for players considering Wood's aerial duel win %age is the highest in the league this season.

I'm all for mixing it up, like; I just hope we don't spam the long ball. I do think we'll try and lock it down a bit similar to Burnley and eke the win out. That might not be Howe's intention but I do think that's how the players will ultimately perform.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Under Howe, we will be going out to win the game too. Just hope to fuck that we do it. Need to cut out the fucking silly individual mistakes. 

ASM looking up for options once in a while instead of incessantly fucking about like the Geordie Dancer would be a canny start.