Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's played there for England, Krafth is at least a natural right-back even if bang average. I'd be happier with him as right-back for this game and Trippier in a position he knows rather than persisting with Ritchie as a left-back.

I would personally go horses for courses and go with 3 centre backs and use Ritchie and Trippier as wing backs. 5-3-2 might not be Eddie's preferred formation, but it probably suits the players we've got to pick from for this fixture anyway. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I would personally go horses for courses and go with 3 centre backs and use Ritchie and Trippier as wing backs. 5-3-2 might not be Eddie's preferred formation, but it probably suits the players we've got to pick from for this fixture anyway. 

I agree.  I also think Miggy is playing his way out of the team.  Put Willock, Joe and Knobhead in the middle with ASM off of Wood  Trippier on the right, Radgie on the left and then whatever is available in the back 3.

Just now, Consortium of one said:

I agree.  I also think Miggy is playing his way out of the team.  Put Willock, Joe and Knobhead in the middle with ASM off of Wood  Trippier on the right, Radgie on the left and then whatever is available in the back 3.

Funnily enough I was also thinking that Willock would be one of my three midfielders, he might enjoy having a target man to work off. Also I would definitely sack off Almiron from anywhere near the starting line up. Great minds think alike! :lol:

I just think put as many goals in the first 11 as possible, and the three centre backs should give us some insurance at the other end. We can play the more progressive formations once we've got players capable of executing them. 

Dubravka

Trippier      Schar         Lascelles      Ritchie

Shelvey

Longstaff

Fraser                          Joelinton        ASM

Wood

As it stands for Saturday. Longstaff and Ritchie are particularly revolting.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Longstaff

Wood

Would get beaten with that I feel. 

We have to find a way that doesn't include Longstaff and Ritchie. They move in slow motion and think even slower. 

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Would get beaten with that I feel. 

We have to find a way that doesn't include Longstaff and Ritchie. They move in slow motion and think even slower. 

It's better than the Man Utd line up IMO and we outplayed them.

On 12/01/2022 at 10:03, nortoon said:

Krafth at left back for me. Then Manquillo until Lewis/new left back comes in. It aint perfect but it isnt Ritchie :)

I would rather an unfit dummet at left back than Krafth. I would only ever play Krafth in a back three (he is gash).

Also, Take into consideration that our left back will be left totally open by ASM, we need a good/competent defender in there... Trippier on left and Murphy right in a back four (good attacking intent with Lascelles and schar in middle.

22 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Longstaff

Wood

Aye I don’t want to see Longstaff play for us again. Preferably Ritchie too unless, especially if it’s at left back. So grim. 

19 minutes ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Longstaff

Wood

Longstaff upped his game against ManU then was stinking against Cambridge. I so want him to be good because he has to be in the team given Hayden's injury and Hendrick being garbage. 

18 minutes ago, LRD said:

Trippier cross to Wood to score and win the game.

I had a dream the other night that Murphy crossed from the right near the line halfway between goalpost and corner flag and cut it back to Wood who scored with a header.

So, that’s gonna happen. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think I'd play Willock ahead of Longstaff, if we are going with a midfield 3.  But at present, that is like saying would you rather eat a dog shit sandwich or a cat shit roll.  

I could see Willock running onto knock downs from Wood better than Longstaff but he’s been equally woeful recently. Maybe Longstaff can pull a Man U performance out of his arse 🤞 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 hours ago, STM said:

Dubravka

Shelvey

Longstaff

Wood

Which is why I would go for 3 centre backs to cover the far post where Ritchie is always found wanting, and the 3 man midfield to get Longstaff out of there.