Newcastle United vs Watford: 15/01/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No way Willock can play, lad looks like he’s been lobotomised. 

He's no good in a 4-4-2 where he's expected to play more centrally, but in a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 he would find more space to attack and get up in support of Wood. I suppose you could start with Longstaff and bring Willock on as a sub. 

Huge game, must concentrate for the whole 90, pay special attention to their pace on the counter, Dennis has been a really good signing and player for them so far, so a pay special attention to him.

Any kind of 3pts will ease anxiety for a few weeks 

I honestly think Willock would be better in the RW role. He wouldn't work the touchline like Fraser but he would probably make some decent runs into the box.

I'm not saying play him over Fraser BTW, just making the point that Willock really needs to play more advanced than CM IMO.

Can atleast see us troubling their defence a bit with Wood in. What was frustrating against Cambridge was we were crossing and lumping balls into the box without any hope of anyone attacking it. Their keeper had a pleasant 2md half apart from that save from Big Jow at the end.

With Wood in there, his presence itself can unsettle their defence which hopefully will open up chances for us to capitalise on. That is why the likes of ASM, Big Joe, Shelvey should be ready to pounce on any loose balls in and around the box.

7 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Can atleast see us troubling their defence a bit with Wood in. What was frustrating against Cambridge was we were crossing and lumping balls into the box without any hope of anyone attacking it. Their keeper had a pleasant 2md half apart from that save from Big Jow at the end.

With Wood in there, his presence itself can unsettle their defence which hopefully will open up chances for us to capitalise on. That is why the likes of ASM, Big Joe, Shelvey should be ready to pounce on any loose balls in and around the box.

One of the reasons I'm trying to work Willock into the line up somehow. Not one of those has either the instinct or the finishing to pounce on anything. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

One of the reasons I'm trying to work Willock into the line up somehow. Not one of those has either the instinct or the finishing to pounce on anything. 

To be honest, the Longstaff's have a knack of hitting it from the edge of the box. 

23 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

To be honest, the Longstaff's have a knack of hitting it from the edge of the box. 

I 100% agree btw, but... (this miss in the highlight after :lol: :anguish: )

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Dummett's also back.

Maybe Dummett could start at LB and Lewis to come on when Dummett gets tired.

Probably too soon though for Lewis.

Dummett should only ever play left of a 3. If he was fit I'd be tempted to go with that and Richie as wing back (until we have a better option at LB) so Dummett could cover him. As it is I'm not sure on his fitness having been out so long.

38 minutes ago, madras said:

Dummett should only ever play left of a 3. If he was fit I'd be tempted to go with that and Richie as wing back (until we have a better option at LB) so Dummett could cover him. As it is I'm not sure on his fitness having been out so long.

Ditto. I think that would cover us on Ritchie's defensive weaknesses, and allow him to bomb on forward to wing in those crosses for Wood. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

With ASM down the left I’d probably be OK with playing a purely defensive LB if we had to.

Anything but witness another goal or two because Ritchie doesn’t know where to look or stand. 

Not sure I agree we you about Ritchie. Recently he has learnt to stand still and look at the ball, ignoring his man.